3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rear Window Leak ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 12:50 PM
dodgenitto
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dodge822
has anyone found a cure for this problem?

my rear window, or light is still leaking after a good silicone around the window, and 3rd breaklight, but still i getting the water from behind the headliner.
Yup, took my rear slider window out and replaced it with a solid rear window and have had zero leaks since. Can't tell you if it was the slider or the seal, but when I reinstalled the window I didn't go light on the sealant. I can tell you it was not the 3rd brake light. I put some weather stripping on it first with no results.

Old 05-25-2013, 07:03 PM
kdhanks61

It's not my third brake light removed wet carpet and padding also moved rear seat. You can see water in window track. Also the part of the track the window does slide in. No water on the side the widow does slide in. Have siliconed but still water coming in. HELP

Old 05-26-2013, 12:51 PM
kdhanks61

Mine is not the third brake light. Mine is leaking somewhere around the seal. Water pools in track of the manual slider. Only on the handle side (the track the window does not slide in) then when it's full runs down the back wall behind rear seat into the storage compartment on drivers side. Have carpet out and rear seat out. I am ready to pull my hair out. With my husband ill and trying to fight for his VA benefits I am working a full and part time job at 51. If I had the money I would just take out the manual slider and put a new rear window in with no slider. Going to try air compressor next when I figure it out to see if there are drains and blow the darn things out. Keep info coming please

Quick Reply: Rear Window Leak ?