3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ATT: US 5.9 Magnum Guys What Performance Mods?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 10:24 PM
JohnnysArt
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATT: US 5.9 Magnum Guys What Performance Mods?

I figured I would get this started since I now theres more out there---My question is what are all your performance mods and stuff you've added to the engine? It could be for street racing, on the track, muddin, four wheelin or rock crawling lets here it and pic's would be great also.
2002 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 5.9 Magnum
ENGINE MODS: 52mm FastMan TB, CGS Motorsports CAI, Magnaflow custom exhaust coming out the rear front tire, MSD 8.5 Super Conductor wires, Napa brass cap and rotor, Mopar valve covers and chrome breather, Harland Sharp 1.7 roller rockers(non adjustable), SuperChips tuner, Jet 180 t-stat, Mobile 1 synthetic oil, JBA silver ceramic coated shorty headers, stage 8 locking header bolts.
Name:  112_1289.jpg
Views: 1278
Size:  132.2 KB
Name:  wm_normal_headers1.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  36.3 KB
Name:  wm_normal_361487.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  26.8 KB
Name:  UTC-1.jpg
Views: 667
Size:  54.5 KB
Name:  wm_normal_255837.jpg
Views: 747
Size:  40.4 KB
Name:  EngineBay.jpg
Views: 1823
Size:  87.6 KB

johnny.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:49 PM
nim81
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looking good, you should remove the bottom part of your stock air box and make a heat sheild for the cai,(just a suggestion)

i havnt done all that much to mine yet, got it back in nov.
put a holley air hat on it. magnaflow catback
i plan to get headers, e-fan, accel coil cap and rotor. superchips programmer, mopar magnum valve covers, edelbrock intake manifold, and fastman tb.
but my $$$ is pretty tight right now.

oh and im gunna ditch the tonneau cover and get nice rims and 35's w/2.5" lift
and as long as im dreaming 4.56 gears

Old 01-30-2009, 12:55 AM
JohnnysArt
All Star

I am actually working on that right now made of plexi glass. I started a thread on it.
Sounds like your off to a good start, I just bought procomp leveling kit longer shocks for the front and regular ones for the back and I'm waiting to save up for some 33's.
I understand about the $$$ situation.

johnny

Last edited by JohnnysArt; 01-30-2009 at 01:00 AM.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:12 AM
talon6
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

performance mods in my sig. also have edel ceramic shorties,and asp underdrive pulley in the garage not installed yet.

my performance stuff is on hold right now.(motor wise anyway) just bought new rims and tires.(2300$) cepek black and cepek crusher 35's.and then i am going to do a lift next. then back to the motor.maybe the sct. or might just start saving and go with the procharger. its just hard to justify 5k for the supercharger though.but man would it be fun.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:16 AM
talon6
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 01-30-2009, 05:26 PM
JohnnysArt
All Star

nim81,
heres the thread to what I'm working on for my cai:
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...-02-5-9-a.html
and I still have lots to do on it.

Talon, thats a great looking truck. Do you have any more side view pic's of your truck, I've been thinking about having my fender flares and part of my bumper painted with that rigno linning?
Last time I had meneki install my headers I noticed my bumber was all scratched up figured this rinno linning would be the way to go.

Come on 5.9 guy's lets get more going.

johnny.

Old 01-30-2009, 05:39 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nice work to your 5.9 have the same thing as you cept the headers??? how do the shorties respond to the 5.9 i think i may be getting cutouts before i get the headers

Old 01-30-2009, 05:50 PM
JohnnysArt
All Star

Originally Posted by lastrights
nice work to your 5.9 have the same thing as you cept the headers??? how do the shorties respond to the 5.9 i think i may be getting cutouts before i get the headers
They actually gave me some nice low end-- but I really feel it up top.
if you can get LT's for your truck I say do it.

I'm wondering what should be my next performance mod--4:56's or 10's, stall converter, efan, m1, or actually consider a bigger cam. The only thing is I have the non adjustable RR, but I believe somebody was saying theres a way to make it work I just can't remember, so I gotta do more research.
I was thinking of getting the cutouts too but I figured down the line I'll just get high flow cats and true duels.

johnny.

Last edited by JohnnysArt; 01-30-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:05 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnysArt
They actually gave me some nice low end-- but I really feel it up top.
if you can get LT's for your truck I say do it.

I'm wondering what should be my next performance mod--4:56's or 10's, stall converter, efan, m1, or actually consider a bigger cam. The only thing is I have the non adjustable RR, but I believe somebody was saying theres a way to make it work I just can't remember, so I gotta do more research.
I was thinking of getting the cutouts too but I figured down the line I'll just get high flow cats and true duels.

johnny.
-i have the 1.7 also.and want a cam also , but dunno which one could work, becasue there non-adj.

-the m-1 will kill performance your going to need forced induction to benifit becasue the m-1 works at high rpms that our trucks never see.

i would say gears next

what superchips ya got , im thinking of selling mine and getting sct ,but that will be later down the road.

you could mod your plenum also , ihave not done that yet

Old 01-30-2009, 06:32 PM
JohnnysArt
All Star

Originally Posted by lastrights
-i have the 1.7 also.and want a cam also , but dunno which one could work, becasue there non-adj.

-the m-1 will kill performance your going to need forced induction to benifit becasue the m-1 works at high rpms that our trucks never see.

i would say gears next

what superchips ya got , im thinking of selling mine and getting sct ,but that will be later down the road.

you could mod your plenum also , ihave not done that yet
The Superchips tuner I have is the #3715 max micro tuner.
I guess gears will be next then.

I'm thinking of calling sharadon performance or KRC performance and see what they say on the cam.
I didn't know that about the m1, I guess I was just assuming since the guy I talked to has a dak rt but he's supercharged.

johnny.

Quick Reply: ATT: US 5.9 Magnum Guys What Performance Mods?