3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rhino Liner or Linex?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 10:48 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dirtydog
I called a few months ago for a Line-X liner. Local dealer said it would be $525+tax for over the rails. And wait for it. About an hour or so? That seems really quick but he was rather firm on 1hr total time. He said it dries very fast once applied.
I saw a video for line-x and it has something like a 5-10 second flash time.

Old 02-02-2009, 02:43 PM
6 hemi ram
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the line-x is better than rhino. line-x doesnt fade or pel like rhino tends to do. as far as cleaning out your bed, you can easily sweep, or spray out yiour bed. ive also read on other forums the exact question with better response so do some homework before you make the jump, youll be glad you did. as far as would i get spray in again? without question.

Old 02-02-2009, 02:46 PM
6 hemi ram
Professional

the line-x is better than rhino. line-x doesnt fade or pel like rhino tends to do. as far as cleaning out your bed, you can easily sweep, or spray out yiour bed. ive also read on other forums the exact question with better response so do some homework before you make the jump, youll be glad you did. as far as would i get spray in again? without question.

Old 02-02-2009, 03:51 PM
justanothermoparman
Veteran

They had a little peice about Line-X on TRUCKS T.V. and it looks like realy good stuff. Thats what I would go with.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:19 PM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned

For those of yall in the CO area, are both avail out there or just one... I am looking to spray line my bed when I get it, which should be really soon *dances*...

I am going to need something tough but easy to clean when dirty...

Old 02-02-2009, 04:30 PM
osufans
Veteran

Personally, I prefer Rhino over Line-X, cause Line-X will scratch the heck out of anything you put in your bed...it is gritty and rough. But, if that's what you want, then Line-X is the way to go.

Rhino is a little more pliable from what I've seen, and it stays that way. Not sure about Line-X.

I'm not sure about the 1hr, they must be pretty good. They have to take out all your trim pieces (cargo ties) out of the bed, and make sure they don't spray over your tailgate access panel (if they have one, my ranger did). Then they scuff the crap out of your paint to make it stick (they use a scuffing pad, looks like a scotch-brite pad.) There's probably like 55 mins of prep work, and 5 mins of spraying. I watched mine done, it's pretty cool. The applicator has a swizzle stick on the end, where it mixes the two chemicals as they are being sprayed. This is what forms the reaction to harden. I was pretty impressed with the Rhino, and I'd do it again if I had the $$$. My truck came with the factory bedliner, so I'll keep it for now.

Old 02-02-2009, 05:17 PM
cardsfanone

I just had the Rhino "TUFF GRIP" sprayed a few weeks ago and I am happy with it , stuff stays put, it is more rubbery than the standard Rhino liner. My bed is covered so I am not worried about fading , or being exposed to the eliments. I paid $530 for over the rail and it took about 5 hrs to complete.

CFO

Old 02-02-2009, 05:39 PM
6 hemi ram
Professional

i guess you would want to figure out what types of things you may be carrying in the bed. i personally carry things like bricks, blocks, mulch, stone, salt, sand, trees/logs, and steel scrap to name a few. the line-x is perfect for these types of materials because it wont chip or peel. it is harder with grit. if you haul things like furniture etc, then the softer, more pliable rhino would be a better choice.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:27 PM
theo112

thanks for the imput guys. I'll have to do some thinking before I decide.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:10 PM
chambers
Record Breaker

I'm going with line-x in a couple of weeks. My dad has it on his truck from about 6 years ago and it still looks good. The price I got from my local dealer was $550 for over the rails and a few hours to do it. The difference between Rhino and line-x is that line-x sprays on at high pressure and high temperature, rhino does neither. Check this video out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5CLSMUQYMo

Quick Reply: Rhino Liner or Linex?