3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Just another exaust question for a 4.7L

Old 03-07-2009, 10:29 AM
alleycat4977
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hammer, when i talked to the exhaust guy that installed it he told me that they have absolutely no back pressure. (could've just been telling me what i wanted to hear.) i'm pretty sure thats false but when compared to a stock muffler we know that aftermarket should flow better thus making my mileage go up. theoretically... that is. but my real question ..if it flows too much how can i tell? and where could i educate myself on the lack of flow of the "flowmaster" ha

Old 03-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Seanutz
Veteran

I dont have a muffler anymore... it fell off. I love the sound that it puts out now so i dont see why i would want to spend any money to put a muffler on it. Why dont you just crawl under her and take a hacksaw to the exhaust?

Old 03-12-2009, 03:50 PM
Matt99
Champion

I replaced my Flowmaster 40 series with a 50HD series...then got tired of it being so quiet...I have straits after the y-pipe with no muffler (duals of course) but it sounds awesome...a drone at highway speeds but it really sounds good

Old 03-12-2009, 06:44 PM
ivaskaj
Veteran

I've got a true dual 2.25" system with a Flowtech X pipe and Thrush 2 chamber mufflers exiting thru 3" tips. It sounds wicked. Here's a clip:

Download DW_A0008.mp3 from FileFactory.com

You gotta go thru some BS to get it, click on "Download for free with FileFactory Basic" on the first page, then "CLICK HERE to download for free with Filefactory Basic" on the next page.

Last edited by ivaskaj; 03-12-2009 at 06:52 PM. Reason: found link
Old 03-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Flowmaster mufflers are really getting a bad rep for their lack of "flow", and the few dyno's I've seen are kinda confirming this. As stated, I'm looking to ditch my 50HD. I bought into their marketing of "engineered especially for the new Dodge Hemi" when I got my truck in '04. It was the second mod I ever did before the truck was a month old.
The first and only mod I haver ever ditched is the 50HD. Had it on for a short time and it was too quiet for me. When I replaced it I swear that the butt dyno started registering more get up and go. So much for "specially engineered" for the Hemi.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:44 AM
wshtb
Amateur

Cherrybomb Vortex for my 5.7L Hemi. Sounds mean in v8 mode, sounds like v-twin when MDS kicks in. Makes me want to keep it in MDS mode :-)

Old 02-21-2012, 11:38 AM
legend09
Default Best Sounding Exhaust on Dodge 4.7

I started out with the Flowmaster Super 40 exhaust on my truck, with duals coming out the back. It sounded good for someone who was young and still in high school. It has a very deep pitch to it. I've had straights (very loud with a lot of popping, my favorite, but not legal lol), 12" glasspacks (popped some but not near as much as the straights), 18" glasspacks (just not loud enough for me), and right now I have the SLP Loudmouth (very loud with almost as much popping as the straights). I love the Loudmouth. But I also like it VERY loud.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just another exaust question for a 4.7L