3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New rear axel

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 01:10 AM
Lewie_North
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New rear axel

I took my truck in to get my 60,000 mile check up and they tore open the rear differential and found out it was eating itself up.. All the teath on the gears where torn up pretty bad from a piece of metal that broke off in there.. Thankfully it was covered and they replaced the entire rear axel.. So my suggetion to everyone is make sure they take there truck in for the scheduled maintenance. That would have cost me an arm and a leg...

Old 02-09-2009, 01:34 AM
irelandshemi
All Star

probably the dreaded clip

Old 02-09-2009, 02:33 AM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya know....that whole thing is a hit and miss......i've not had a problem with it at all on either one of my trucks....never known anyone personally to have an issue with it.....granted it happens, but it's pretty hit and miss

good thing they found it tho

Old 02-09-2009, 06:58 AM
bigbuckhunter
Rookie

Welcome to the C clip club!

been there done that got the T-shirt

Old 02-09-2009, 08:13 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by hemiyellow
ya know....that whole thing is a hit and miss......i've not had a problem with it at all on either one of my trucks....never known anyone personally to have an issue with it.....granted it happens, but it's pretty hit and miss

good thing they found it tho
And I'm on the other end of the spectrum. Although it's never happened to me (couldn't, bought with an open diff and put an Auburn in when I had the gears done) I don't think I've personally known a sole who hasn't at least got hit with a surprise stuck to the magnet at some point in, if they had the stock LSD...

Quick Reply: New rear axel