3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help...Hemi loading up at low RPMs

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 04:15 PM
cherrycreek7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help...Hemi loading up at low RPMs

My 04 Dodge Ram 4x4 has a 5.7L Hemi with 55000 miles on it. Recently it has begun loading up at low rpms when i press down on the gas pedal. It also seems to be loading up when i am cruising at low rpm ~1000-1500. The reaction of the truck is a long hesitation when pulling away from a stop light or parking space, or when cruising at low RPMs, itcuts out then races. Truck runs great when it is ideling, or above 1500 rpms. Any thoughts as to what this might be? I've tried gas line antifreeze and gas treatments. Neither seemed to help. I'd rather not take it into the dealership and spend $500 on a $50 problem.

Thanks

Old 02-10-2009, 04:25 PM
osufans
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe a vacuum leak, causing a lean situation when idling? Could also be a delay in the TPS relaying to the throttle body...causing you to "feel" a delay between you pressing the pedal and the throttle responding. Just tossing some ideas out there.

Quick Reply: Help...Hemi loading up at low RPMs