3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

just got my tuner.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 06:22 PM
bloodySUNDAY134
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just got my tuner.

just got my diablosport predator tuner in the mail today. downloaded the performance setting and turned my mds off. i've sorta noticed that it's alittle quicker off the line and it seems to shift better, but i haven't really noticed any major difference. does the computer need some time to learn the new program?

Old 02-10-2009, 06:24 PM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

These computers DO need to learn so give it a bit of time and let us know how its goin. I was planning on getting the Diablo myself.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:10 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a relearn period with our trucks. I have heard that the magic number is usually around 100 miles after a reprogram. Keep us up to date on how the DSP performs for you.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:34 PM
Ram_It!
Professional

congrats!, now if mine would just hurry and get here

Old 02-10-2009, 10:47 PM
mongospaz

If you use a tuner, how does it affect the warranty?

Old 02-10-2009, 10:57 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by mongospaz
If you use a tuner, how does it affect the warranty?
If you get caught with the tune it'll void the powertrain. Yes the dealer would have to prove that the mod (tune in this case) caused the part to fail...being that we're talking about a tune it would be easy to prove. You might be ok on the differentials being that the tune doesn't directly effect them but be ready to argue your point.

That being said don't get caught . If you bring your truck to the dealer for ANYTHING return the tune to stock. Not only do you have to worry about being caught but if they flash your pcm for whatever reason you'll lose your tune...that turns your $350 tuner into an $350 scanner.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:16 AM
bloodySUNDAY134
Professional

thanks guys, i'll keep ya posted on the progress. anyway, the whole thing with voiding the powertrain warranty sounds a bit scary, that's one of the reasons i got this ram was for the lifetime warranty, hope i don't screw it up.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:38 AM
oneluv912
Default Recieved my preditor

So I got my preditor in the mail today!!!!!! I was all excited cause i got free overnight shipping from autoanything.com. Well I took it out of the box and right out of the box it already needs updates. Is this normal? I went to buy the cable and it's going to take them 6 days to get it here. What a waste of overnight shipping. I didn't relize that buying a 375 dollar item will require a download right off the back. Anyway I can't wait to use it. Is downloading the new updates pretty easy to do?

Old 02-11-2009, 12:20 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

yes it is normal right now. Predator is new, so they are tweaking very often. and now that it's out, even superchips is tweaking weakly. your tuner probably sat in a warehouse for a while, so it can do with an update now.

regardless, you should still be able to use it immediately to tune your ram. it might not be the most up to date tune/features, but should still give you mostly everything.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:54 PM
oneluv912

I thougt I still would be able to use it but as soon as I plug it in and hit tune it tells me it needs to be updated and it is safe to unplug. I wish it would let me tune it with the old way until I get the usb cable. Oh well I guess that's how things work.

Quick Reply: just got my tuner.