3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cool Vanilla

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 10:15 PM
tboughton
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Cool Vanilla

Anyone else have or seen the cool vanilla color? What do you think of it. Everyone I talked to either loves it or hates it. I tinted my windows dark and I think it looks great. It was on the showroom floor and I had decided to buy it cause I got a good deal but at the last minute decide I wanted red. This was the only 1500 in stock so they came back and said they would knock another 1500 off if I took it. I did.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:23 PM
mdram43
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my fathers 08 big horn is cool vanilla. i love the color. it looks really good with all the chrome trim and chrome 20's. i think its cool because its an off white color that you dont see very often. the only down side is just like white, it needs to be cleaned often and shows dirt. but it still doesnt show dirt as well as a normal white vehicle.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:25 PM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

I have seen it and it looks okay, just not my taste....it does look good with all of the chrome for sure! And it looks best when it is clean...

Old 02-10-2009, 10:31 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by mdram43
my fathers 08 big horn is cool vanilla. i love the color. it looks really good with all the chrome trim and chrome 20's. i think its cool because its an off white color that you dont see very often. the only down side is just like white, it needs to be cleaned often and shows dirt. but it still doesnt show dirt as well as a normal white vehicle.
White and other light colors hide dirt better than darker colors on vehicles...that's been my experience anyway. The darker colors like my ram will look dirty the day after washing....white and silver look clean for weeks.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:55 PM
jnellydodge
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
White and other light colors hide dirt better than darker colors on vehicles...that's been my experience anyway. The darker colors like my ram will look dirty the day after washing....white and silver look clean for weeks.

After owning 3 dark colored dodge trucks, that's why i now drive a white one, doesnt show dirt. My previous ram was chestnut/light driftwood satin glow, and the driftwood color hardly ever looked dirty. Anyways, i really like the cool vanilla color, looked around for an 03-05 in that color but couldnt find one, maybe its just the 06+.....its a pretty "cool" color

Old 02-10-2009, 10:56 PM
traker1001
Captain

Darker the better, I was actually wondering how much it would cost for them to darken the Blue on my truck.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:58 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Dealer had a Cool Vanilla Quadcab on the lot, but it was all fancied up with dealer add-ons. I wasn't interested. Looked nice, but I like the blue better. Tinted windows is a good way to set any car off. I can't wait to do mine.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:59 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by traker1001
Darker the better, I was actually wondering how much it would cost for them to darken the Blue on my truck.

No such thing as turning the existing color darker. It's called an entire new paint job! Very expensive.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:03 PM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

If i could have....it would have been MY truck! Its different, clean looks good and offbeat. ROCK ON!

Old 02-10-2009, 11:15 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

Talking to my brother today, he said that cops (at least in our area) are going to be pulling people over for tinted windows. So I don't think I'll tint my front ones.
But the Cool Vanilla would look pretty sweet. Different tint to it, and still a white truck. I still like my gray truck though.

Quick Reply: Cool Vanilla