3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

RB1 Nav Radio and HD Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 10:39 PM
KingBDS
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RB1 Nav Radio and HD Tuner

Hey,
I just bought an RB1 Navigation Stereo and am going to swap out with the original. I like to keep the original look over new stereos that never fit the hole right. I bought an Ipod connector Kit to go along with it and an 4 disc in dash CD changer. I want to add an HD tuner but no one seems to be able to tell me for sure if one will work. It is made originally by Alpine Part number P56038629AI. It will work with Sirius/XM but says nothing about HD. Can anyone tell me if there is a tuner out there that will work with my head unit. I do not want an external device sitting on my dash. And also exactly what parts I need to get the Uconnect bluetooth also which did not come with my truck. I do have the infinity system.

Basic RB1 Information:

Manufacturer: Alpine

Advertised application: Selected Chrysler 2002-2004 model vehicles (w/22-pin radio connector)

Type: Flush mount AM/FM/CD Navigation Radio with CD Changer controls, DVD based 

Screen size: Full color, 4.9" (4.1" diagonal actual size) (3-3/4" x 1-3/4")

Screen area: 6.62 square inches (16.81 sq. cm.) 

Mounting size: 1.5 DIN (3" H x 5.51" D x 7.87" W)

Rear connectors: 22-pin radio, 10-pin CD changer, Nav antenna, radio antenna

Antenna: Flush mount, inside dash 

Bus: PCI, J1850 (CAN based vehicles will NOT work)

Tuner: AM/FM tuner for US/Canada markets 

Other radio features: RDS (Radio Data System) and PTY (Program Type) 
Clock: Auto-set via NAV satellite

Satellite Radio format: Sirius-ready (requires optional kit) 

Navigation satellites: Receives GPS signals from up to 8 satellites to display the position and direction of your vehicle

Navigation accuracy: Three satellite signals allow for a navigational accuracy of up to five meters (16.4 feet) 

CD Changer operation: Same 10-pin connector socket as on all 2002 and later factory radios

CD Audio: Plays CD, CD-R and CD-RW. Not compatible with MP3 

Power: 66 watts total power at 3% total harmonic distortion 

Weight: 5 lbs, 7 oz.

Quick Reply: RB1 Nav Radio and HD Tuner