3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Another Programmer Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 05:38 PM
tboughton
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Another Programmer Question

Don't mean to sound stupid but I aren't real bright when it comes to mechanical things.

1. What does WOT mean?

2. What does raising the shift points do?

3. What does changing the idle do?

Old 02-11-2009, 06:57 PM
suzuki750
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wot stands for wide open throttle, basically when u slam the gas pedal all the way to the floor. Raising the shift points does just that, it raises the rpm's the truck will shift at. Changing the idle will change the rpm's the engine idles at. Not too sure when u would need this, i guess if u were to put a bigger cam in u might want to raise the idle a bit so it doesn't "lope" as much. I have the predator tuner installed in my 07 ram and haven't touched any of these adjustments, just installed the performance tune and she runs awesome with no mds

Old 02-11-2009, 07:06 PM
nickahern1
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have my truck tuned with 91 tune (running 93 octane cause 91 isnt available in my area)
rev limit is set to 6000
speed limiter is maxed out to 140 ( i dont ever plan to go that fast just did it so i had no limits)
1-2 wot is set to 5800 ( Wide Open Throttle shift point for 1st to 2nd gear)
2-3 wot is set to 5750 ( Wide Open Throttle Shift point for 2nd to 3rd gear)

ive tried the shift points maxed out and alot of different setpoints in between stock-max and ive found what i have it set on now to be the best for my truck.changing the wot shift points just lets you hold 1-2 and 2-3 a little longer than stock making you faster than stock when at wide open throttle from a stop. hopefully soon superchips will give us teh part throttle shift points as they have been talking about forever.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nickahern1
hopefully soon superchips will give us teh part throttle shift points as they have been talking about forever.
x2. That will be a nice addition to the tuner that will help out with everyday driving.

Quick Reply: Another Programmer Question