3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

new headers coming...few questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 10:58 AM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerZ71

Good catch teach.... I never look to see where these guys are from, far as I'm concerned, they live far enough from me that they don't bug me to install their sh*t, good enough...
Looks like im packin up and movin to Fl...sorry Hammer, there goes that nice thought of yours...

Old 02-14-2009, 01:11 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so its worth the trouble of separating the cats from the manifold/factory y-pipe and then putting them back on the new offroad y-pipe?

Old 02-14-2009, 04:03 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

update: gonna order the headers/y-pipe asap, but having trouble finding a local shop that does ceramic coating. the nearest one is almost 3 hrs away. maybe i'd be better off just getting the jet-hot coated pacesetters straight from airram.com. they're only $200 more than the plain jane black pacesetters. jet-hot coated inside and out to 1300 degrees.

is the jet-hot coating better than most ceramic coatings? how would it compare with something i'd get at a local shop? what would a shop charge to get ceramic coated? thanks

Last edited by AF_HEMI; 02-14-2009 at 04:42 PM.

Quick Reply: new headers coming...few questions