3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Guess its time for new shocks

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 01:24 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do the Monroe Self adjusting shocks compare to the Bilstein?

Old 02-19-2009, 12:28 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Shocks are a simple replacement, but it's up to you. Bilstein's are an excellent choice, I'd only buy them or Rancho's, period...
Why? what makes them work twice the cost of skyjacker or rough countrys?

Old 02-19-2009, 12:35 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
Why? what makes them work twice the cost of skyjacker or rough countrys?
And this from somebody whose idea of off-roading is pulling into the driveway!!!

I don't have any experience with the Rough Country's, but I've been more than one truck with Skyjacker shocks, not impressed. It was told to me by a guy in the auto parts business a few years ago that the Skyjackers are contracted by low bid, usually made in China or Malaysia, and I can believe it. As of about 4 or 5 years ago, I thought they were a terrible shock, not a big fan of the Pro Comps either...

Old 02-19-2009, 12:50 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
And this from somebody whose idea of off-roading is pulling into the driveway!!!

I don't have any experience with the Rough Country's, but I've been more than one truck with Skyjacker shocks, not impressed. It was told to me by a guy in the auto parts business a few years ago that the Skyjackers are contracted by low bid, usually made in China or Malaysia, and I can believe it. As of about 4 or 5 years ago, I thought they were a terrible shock, not a big fan of the Pro Comps either...
and how often do you drive your truck?? i've driven 70% of the total miles on your truck in just this past year. face it hammer, your truck may not be a pavement queen, but she doesn't exactly get used like some of ours do. and if you drove over the potholes we have here your stomach would fall completely out through your belly button. that's right, i'm standin up to your old fat ***, you big bully

nitto seems to like the rough countrys, might end up giving those a shot.

hammer, i thought your lift was rough country, is that right?

Last edited by xfeejayx; 02-19-2009 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:58 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
and how often do you drive your truck?? i've driven 70% of the total miles on your truck in just this past year. face it hammer, your truck may not be a trailer queen, but she doesn't exactly get used like some of ours do. and if you drove over the potholes we have here your stomach would fall completely out through your belly button. that's right, i'm standin up to your old fat ***, you big bully

nitto seems to like the rough countrys, might end up giving those a shot.

hammer, i thought your lift was rough country, is that right?
yeah, yeah, yeah, easy to stand up to someone from what 1200 miles away? And besides, Nitto likes hitting the trails hard and getting bounced around the cab, so did I 10-15 years ago.

Now I may not use my truck anymore as a daily driver, but when it goes out to "play", it usually plays pretty rough. Next time I take it up to the farm, I'll have to take a set of pix, especially if I start clearing land down in the overflow behind the dam again. The truck and winch get a good workout draggin' scrub oaks and bottom pines out of that big, boggy depression...

No, I've got a Rancho Suspension Lift...

Quick Reply: Guess its time for new shocks