3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

working on the dodge

Old 02-14-2009, 06:10 PM
ashgirl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default muddin and everyday

i want to start with apperance and finding good deals on tires and rims i have $1800 to spend plus a little more when i start selling the stock parts like tires and rims.....looking for bull bar probably maybe some bling

o and its an 08 dodge ram 1500 4x4 with the 2 1/2 in leveling kit....can i fit 35's under it with minimum rub?

Old 02-14-2009, 06:25 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well you're probably gonna end up using most if not all of your 1800 on just the wheels/tires. If you have any left, i'd go with either catback exhuast or cold air intake (CAI). Welcome to the family by the way

Old 02-27-2009, 10:30 PM
ashgirl

where did you get your front bumper ....i like the whole same color concept .....and im looking at getting those finder flare... also do you think that i can fit 35's with a 2 1/2 in leveling kit .... THANKS ASH

Old 02-27-2009, 11:05 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

you'll fit the 35's if you opt for a wheel with about 4.5" back spacing. But this won't leave you a lot of room for flexing off road, it'll scrub. Also will rub a little at full turn. You'd also need longer shocks, about 2" longer will do, as you'll find the stock shocks will bottom out on even the smallest bumps.
As far as bling, try looking at StylinConcepts and Autotrucktoys, it's where I got most of my "bling" stuff...

Old 02-28-2009, 12:00 AM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ashgirl
i want to start with apperance and finding good deals on tires and rims i have $1800 to spend plus a little more when i start selling the stock parts like tires and rims.....looking for bull bar probably maybe some bling

o and its an 08 dodge ram 1500 4x4 with the 2 1/2 in leveling kit....can i fit 35's under it with minimum rub?
I can find you the best bling for the buck if your willing to hang!
I guarentee i can get you the best price on rims!!!!
Wheel Discounters info@wheeldiscounters.com
Ask for Andy!!!! Hes treated me right for a few years now.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:56 AM
hemiyellow
DC Insider

yeah autotrucktoys is a pretty decent place to get stuff...i got my bull bar on ebay (which reminds me, i need to get pics) but it was cheap....still say fender flares make the truck.....you might try looking around on ebay and seeing what they have for rims(depends on what ya want, but try lookin on 4wheelparts or 4wheelonline...they usually have some pretty decent deals)

and lastly...welcome to DF

....when you wanna start doing performance mods, check out moesperformance

Old 02-28-2009, 01:32 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

where did you get your front bumper ....i like the whole same color concept .....and im looking at getting those finder flare... also do you think that i can fit 35's with a 2 1/2 in leveling kit .... THANKS ASH
The SPORT package on these trucks have the painted bumpers instead of chrome.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:22 PM
ashgirl
Default torn

cold air intake or exhaust or will just a new kn&n air filter be just as good as a cold air intake then also do the exhaust .......

Old 03-06-2009, 10:27 PM
Redone4x4
Record Breaker

cold air intake or exhaust or will just a new kn&n air filter be just as good as a cold air intake then also do the exhaust .......
the intake and exhaust go hand in hand, they compliment each other. so aftermarket intake along with exhaust would be a good setup.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:00 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

i would get a full cai intake. also it depends on which exhaust you are getting. flowmaster are great sounding but are kinda bad performance wise bc they dont flow as good. if you want performance i would go with magnaflow and this is coming from a person who has flowmasters lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: working on the dodge