3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Electrical Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 10:40 PM
thelynx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical Problems

Ok here is the deal. Friend of mine decided to try and put an aftermarket stereo into his 06 Dodge. What he did was cut the connector off and splice in the new wires for the stereo. He had it hooked up and playing but then had a service 4wd and other wierd things happening. So he realized how stupid he was and reconected the origonal conector and reinstalled the stock radio. Now here are the current symptoms.

1. Radio does not power on but the button backlights come on.
2. With key off, no cab lights, power locks, engine bay light, or any other key off power source.
3. OBII port does not communicate/power up.
4. I dont think his ABS works.

We have checked the obvious such as fuses in the main fuse box(is there a second fuse box?)

The wiring he has to the stock radio conector is questionable at best but no wires are touching so I cant see how that would be the problem.

I have heard that there is a common problem with loosing key off power and its casued by a fualty/blown fues pannel. Is there any way to check this?

Same results radio plugged in or disconected.

Any other ideas?

Old 02-13-2009, 10:47 PM
we_the_unforgiven
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does the factory Dodge radio have a theft deterrent in it that shuts down?

Old 02-14-2009, 11:00 PM
thelynx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure if it does or not. I'm going to guess by the year that it does. Ive thought about this but dismissed it because of the fact that everything acts the same regardless of whether the radio is plugged in or not.

Quick Reply: Electrical Problems