3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Why is it...

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009 | 10:09 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by V_Scapes
I think that chevy commercial when they make fun of the tundra is hilarious.
where can i find this vid? i looked but no luck

Old 02-17-2009 | 10:13 PM
02Steve1990
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by raminator08
where can i find this vid? i looked but no luck
try youtube if you didn't yet..i would find it and post the link for you but DEA is on right now lol

Old 02-17-2009 | 10:18 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 02Steve1990
try youtube if you didn't yet..i would find it and post the link for you but DEA is on right now lol
i tried. i did find the commercial with the chevy and ford's man step lol

Old 02-18-2009 | 12:27 AM
06 Ram5.7
Veteran

I’ve never really had anyone have that kind of reaction. There have been a few people that joke around and ask “That thing got a Hemi?” like from the Dodge commercials a few years back, although there was one person that asked that trying to make fun of the my truck, or me, I’m not sure. But most people say that it is a nice truck and some say that they like it better than Chevy’s or Ford’s.

Old 02-18-2009 | 12:42 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

I actually think its funny. If you remember ( this is just my observation), but chevy seems to be at least 1 year behind Dodge when it comes to different body styles.
Look at MDS: Even though it is a spoof and a waste on a big truck, but Dodge was the first to make it standard on the 5.7, that was in 2006, and in 2007 chevy made it avaliable on their 5.3s. (and yes I know that lincoln was technically the first to do it way back in the day, but that was a different method)

In 2002 Dodge unveiled the new Bigger is better type body style. chevy didnt catch on to that until the 07 models.

I just think its funny that other car companies make fun of Dodge, but they wait a few years to see if the consumer market likes the different new things dodge is trying. If the consumer does, then you usually see othe companies mimic Dodge's invoations.

Old 02-18-2009 | 09:01 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Laramie1997

I just think its funny that other car companies make fun of Dodge, but they wait a few years to see if the consumer market likes the different new things dodge is trying. If the consumer does, then you usually see othe companies mimic Dodge's invoations.
cough-toyota-cough

Old 02-18-2009 | 09:30 PM
Gageguy
Rookie

Yes, I am compensating - for snowy Michigan pot holes, I mean, roads.

Funny, I've pulled out so many stuck vehicles this year that I've lost count. None of these stuck people asked if I was compensating for anything.

Old 02-19-2009 | 09:59 PM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
add its american to your list too
Engine is made in Mexico, steel is probably Canadian, and just about everything else came from China, Taiwan, or Japan. Ain't nothing "Made in America" anymore

Old 02-24-2009 | 10:05 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned

Originally Posted by ried69
I like the new Chevys. The grille is way too big for the front end on a stock height and tire 1500 though. They can also keep up with us and have a lot less HP stock. Except the new Rams, I guess they are quite a big snappier.
You can't say anything about the heated steering wheel, because Dodge did steal some ideas from them. Dual climate control, ever heard of that? Chevy had that first, introduced in 2003. In 2004 when Dodge redid the interior a little bit, they added some things, such as steering wheel mounted audio controls which Chevy added before that on their trucks. So stealing is out of the picture.
Dodge didn't redo the interior in 2004. They redid the ENTIRE truck for 2002, then interior and exterior mods for 2006. Steering wheel audio controls have been on Rams since at least 2001 (that's the earliest truck parts book I have). How far back do the Chevies go?

Originally Posted by Laramie1997
I actually think its funny. If you remember ( this is just my observation), but chevy seems to be at least 1 year behind Dodge when it comes to different body styles.
Look at MDS: Even though it is a spoof and a waste on a big truck, but Dodge was the first to make it standard on the 5.7, that was in 2006, and in 2007 chevy made it avaliable on their 5.3s. (and yes I know that lincoln was technically the first to do it way back in the day, but that was a different method)

In 2002 Dodge unveiled the new Bigger is better type body style. chevy didnt catch on to that until the 07 models.

Actually Cadillac was first with the V8-6-4 P.O.S. My stepfather was a GM mechanic way way waaaaayyyy back in the day, and he hated those things. They were all ultimately failures.

Old 02-24-2009 | 11:28 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by HemiLonestar
Dodge didn't redo the interior in 2004. They redid the ENTIRE truck for 2002, then interior and exterior mods for 2006. Steering wheel audio controls have been on Rams since at least 2001 (that's the earliest truck parts book I have). How far back do the Chevies go?

Actually Cadillac was first with the V8-6-4 P.O.S. My stepfather was a GM mechanic way way waaaaayyyy back in the day, and he hated those things. They were all ultimately failures.
Dodge redid some of the interior in 2004. Real minor, just like steering wheel and all. I've never seen the steering wheel controls on any Dodge before a 2004. If you're thinking about Chrysler, well Jeep had them before, but some GM brands also had them before. I'd like to see them on an early model, because I've never seen them.

Quick Reply: Why is it...