3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

got my new headlights

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 09:08 PM
JohnnysArt
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those came out GREAT!!!!

johnny

Old 02-21-2009, 09:24 PM
Ridinhigh
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those do look good on your truck man but now everyone seems they will have the same lights. I like the black headlights but dont know how they would look on a white truck

Old 02-21-2009, 09:32 PM
shoedork
Professional

Name:  02-01-09_1549.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  61.6 KB

Name:  3rdbrake.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  117.2 KB

these are the tails and 3rd bake light i went with but i plan to tint with night shades when the weather become a lil better, i went the black on silver would do for now but i plan to tint futher............. silver Daytona's unite!!!!!! lol

Old 02-21-2009, 09:45 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ya I'm really happy with them and I cant wait till i get a bumper cover.. I forgot you had the same headlights ramdamit. I havent driven mine at night yet, so I havent adjusted them yet lol and those tails are pretty good. I want more of a smooth look though..

and I see you have the rims I want lol I love those moto metals.....

Old 02-21-2009, 09:48 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by shoedork

these are the tails and 3rd bake light i went with but i plan to tint with night shades when the weather become a lil better, i went the black on silver would do for now but i plan to tint futher............. silver Daytona's unite!!!!!! lol

got any more pics of your truck? post em up!!

I love your 3rd brake light.. and those tails look pretty sweet too! damn I wish I still had a job. lol

and silver daytona's rule!

Old 02-21-2009, 10:51 PM
Ramdamit98
Captain

Originally Posted by AF_HEMI
hmmm I think I found my taillights too!!! You guys have great taste and great finds! Well done. Ramdamit you got a link for those tails?
http://cgi.ebay.ca/02-05-Dodge-Ram-B...1%7C240%3A1318

There's a few different sellers selling them on ebay

Originally Posted by jonnymagnum
ya I'm really happy with them and I cant wait till i get a bumper cover.. I forgot you had the same headlights ramdamit. I havent driven mine at night yet, so I havent adjusted them yet lol and those tails are pretty good. I want more of a smooth look though..

and I see you have the rims I want lol I love those moto metals.....
Ya, I was looking for a smoother looking tail light at first but when I found these I thought the flat black on them would be a good look with the Daytona stripe and had to have them.

Yes I was really glad I went with the 17" and not 16" Moto Metals on my '98. I would have had to sell the 16's to be able to buy 17's and even then I might not have been able to afford the 17's. It was nice and easy to be able to just swap them over.

Jon how long have you had the black billet gas door? It was another item I was happy that could be swapped over from my '98.

Last edited by Ramdamit98; 02-21-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:21 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shoedork

Those tails look real good. Make sure you post up a pic after you tint them.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:30 AM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion

I got my black gas door in august maybe? some where around that time.. I used to have a mopar chrome fuel door. and I thought I would get a black one for the winter, but I'm keeping it on all the time now, it looks soo much better!

and I really need new tires bad.... I'm hoping I have enough saved up before next winter and get some motometal and some good tires. I wanna go back down to 33" instead of these 35's they are just too big imo. I either want moto metals. or 06 ram 20's painted flat black...

and you daytona guys, should really look into getting the bottom piece to finish off the rear stripe. I think my truck looks soo much better with it on. its hard to tell with my dirty pics though...

Old 02-22-2009, 12:53 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

Your truck does look better with the bottom stripe finished.
I don't know what it is about the BFGoodrich All-Terrain ATs, but for some reason they look so good with white letters out on black rims.
Like the looks of your headlights jonny, hope you can get the rest of your truck fixed up soon, it's a shame that happened to you.

Old 02-22-2009, 01:20 PM
Ramdamit98
Captain

Originally Posted by jonnymagnum
I got my black gas door in august maybe? some where around that time.. I used to have a mopar chrome fuel door. and I thought I would get a black one for the winter, but I'm keeping it on all the time now, it looks soo much better!

and I really need new tires bad.... I'm hoping I have enough saved up before next winter and get some motometal and some good tires. I wanna go back down to 33" instead of these 35's they are just too big imo. I either want moto metals. or 06 ram 20's painted flat black...

and you daytona guys, should really look into getting the bottom piece to finish off the rear stripe. I think my truck looks soo much better with it on. its hard to tell with my dirty pics though...

Ya, I had the black gas door on my '98. My 20's and the chrome gas door lasted about 1/2 an hour on my truck. I was lucky to be able to swap them and not have to spend any more money.

I agree with the stripe extension. I've seen the stripe extensions on ebay once in a while and I'm now dissapointed I haven't ordered them before now. I'm down to three day work weeks so I might not be ordering anything any time soon. It also would have been smart to order some while the Canadian dollar was at par with the US dollar.

Here's a site with more Daytona parts that makes me wish I was still working full time.

http://bigboys-customtoys.com/_produ...oductList.html

Last edited by Ramdamit98; 02-22-2009 at 01:31 PM.

Quick Reply: got my new headlights