3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Few ?s (hemi swap) Long post

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Sinic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few ?s (hemi swap) Long post

Alright. This is the deal. My brother-in-law has an 03 ram single cab shorty. It had a 3.7 (bad oil pump, sludge motor) and now I dropped a 5.7 hemi in it. So I am no dodge guy so thats why I'm here asking my questions. Don't get me wrong I am a mechanic but I just ran into a few problems.

I put in an 03 motor so everything bolted up even the transmission. I did do my research for the swap but as you may know theres not much on this swap. Unless you do know where I can find more info please post it up.

Harness is on.
Motor and tranny are in and good.
Computer is on and good.

Questions:
The drive by wire assembly. I have the t/b and the mechanical assembly (line that runs from the pedal to the plastic wire converter thingy). The thing I don't have is the PLUG that plugs into the six prong mechanical assembly that connects to the pedal. Where is this plug at? Can someone take a picture and tell me where this plug comes from? I can't find it on my harness. I can give a little more info if anyone is confused.

Fuel is giving me a little problem but I should be able to take care of that.
Harness doesnt connect to everything like 02s and other misc stuff but thats no problem.

I have a part of the harness that has about six plugs to it that I have no clue where they go. Driver side, it runs along the valve cover because it has the valve cover screw clips on it. (no it does not connect to the drive by wire) So again I guess what I'm asking is can you take a picture of basically everything under the battery and fuse box?

I still need the power steering pump to get the belt on but I would love to finish this by next weekend so if you could help me out.

I've tried to hit the junk yards but everyone that I find has either been hit in the front or has been picked clean. Sorry if I missspelled some words or my grammer isn't the best but I'm about done with this truck.

Friends call me Ford. Honest thats my name.

Old 02-22-2009, 10:20 AM
Sinic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone at all?

Thanks in advance

Quick Reply: Few ?s (hemi swap) Long post