3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

03 a/c problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 10:06 AM
spardigus
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 a/c problem

Alright so my 03 4.7 is having some issues with the a/c. It works fine when I am driving at cruising speeds but when I slow down to an idle it stops blowing cold and just blows regular temp air. It continues to blow at the same speed so the blower motor is fine. But I can figure out why the cold air dissappears during idle. Anybody had this problem before?

Old 02-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Survey Says-----condenser fan probably gone. Has happened here to many others.

It would be a good idea not to run the A/C until you get it fixed, as this condition makes the head pressure in the system go very high and can shorten the life of the compressor. If you do decide to run it, use it only when at cruizing speed, and shut it off when traveling slow speeds (low air flow through the condenser).

Old 02-23-2009, 12:25 PM
abarmby
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GoneFishin is abolutely correct.
Try the AC fan fuse first.
You might just be lucky.
If it's OK,it's the fan.
You can replace the fan yourself and without draining the ac system.
But, it's a bit involved, about a 2 hour job to replace the fan which you can buy on e-bay. I rebuilt my fan and did the removal and instalation without draining the ac system.
If you do have a warranty, just take her down and get it fixed.
Do a search on here, for "AC condenser fan" and there will be posts of how to repair this yourself.
If you can't find it, PM me and I'll walk you through it.
Al.

Quick Reply: 03 a/c problem