3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Any Lawyers Here??? Long Story!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 07:06 PM
HEMI07
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what else did he do for the $2000 cash?

Old 02-25-2009, 07:41 PM
ivaskaj
Veteran

Why are you asking for legal advice on a forum with multi-state membership? The laws are different in every state. You will need to contact a lawyer in your state. I'd say you're ****ed because there was no contract. Your word against his. Why did you even drop the truck off at this shady shop if no formal estimate was drawn up? Any shop willing to come to you for an estimate should raise a red flag... that's not how professional shops do business. That's how ghetto people work. I wouldn't have left until I had a quote in writing for exactly what was going to be done and for how much. Cheapest is never best. Caveat emptor.

Old 02-25-2009, 08:57 PM
Alpheus
Banned

Originally Posted by ivaskaj
Why are you asking for legal advice on a forum with multi-state membership? The laws are different in every state. You will need to contact a lawyer in your state. I'd say you're ****ed because there was no contract. Your word against his. Why did you even drop the truck off at this shady shop if no formal estimate was drawn up? Any shop willing to come to you for an estimate should raise a red flag... that's not how professional shops do business. That's how ghetto people work. I wouldn't have left until I had a quote in writing for exactly what was going to be done and for how much. Cheapest is never best. Caveat emptor.
Who pissed in your Corn Flakes this morning???

When you say Im ****ed is that your legal opinion???

I have seen a few body shops come to and give you estimates while you are at work. Heck there have even been commercials on TV promoting that fact. I have every email He ever sent me even the original estimate. I have been in contact with my lawyer along with the BBB and the consumer Complaints agency. I am not basing everything I am going to do strictley from the advise I get from this forum. I have been doing lots of research and making lots of phone calls concerning this situation. I just thought other people may have been through the same situation and might throw out a couple of words of wisdom. So calm down...

PS. My attorney and the BBB never said I was ****ed, I simply did what "THEY" advised me to do...

Last edited by Alpheus; 02-25-2009 at 10:17 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:43 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Do you have any pictures?

Old 02-25-2009, 09:54 PM
Ram_It!
Professional

i would pay like 10 bums 10 bucks to stand and tell how ****ty that place is to anybody going to get anything done there or just have them all take dumps in the parking lot, sorry just trying to bring a little humor to a serious situation

Old 02-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Alpheus
Banned

I will take some pics tomorrow in good light. Also you should see the over spray I can barely see out of the windshield...

Old 02-26-2009, 07:06 PM
mrperez

So did you take the pictures? I would have taken pictures as soon as I got the keys back. I don't know how you were patient enough to keep your truck there. I would have used my spare keys and picked it up.

Old 02-26-2009, 11:04 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Alpheus
I will take some pics tomorrow in good light. Also you should see the over spray I can barely see out of the windshield...
its tommorrow lol

Old 02-27-2009, 07:59 PM
Alpheus
Banned

I got called into work for a road trip and just got back. I will have pics up in the morning...

Old 02-27-2009, 09:31 PM
dodge it then ram it
Veteran

Where the hell is this place at? I dont think Ive ever seen it. Be careful down here man. Small dealerships and one off body shops are all out to scam people. Especially young sailors that get stationed here and buy cheap cars at outrages prices or interest rates.

Quick Reply: Any Lawyers Here??? Long Story!!!