3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Borla Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 06:12 PM
bonitoromeo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Borla Exhaust

Have the stock Borla exhaust on my 05 dodge daytona truck and wanted to know if their is anyway to get more out of it or is it better to get another one or just add a new muffler?. Been looking at the bassanni muffler or the aero turbine muffler. Also, if i add one of those CAI systems off ebay that cost $50, will that really help me? Thanks for the help

Old 02-26-2009, 07:00 PM
moosefire66
Veteran

I believe others here tried the ebay CAI and didnt have good luck with it. They will chime in soon to tell ya about it. What is it that you dont like about your exhaust??

Old 02-26-2009, 07:07 PM
bonitoromeo

Was expecting a distinct rumble since it came from the factory this way but theirs not that much really their. Is their a resonator on it that is damping the noise? Want the thing to sound just as bad as she looks

Old 02-26-2009, 08:45 PM
moosefire66
Veteran

Try searchin youtube.com for rams with borla exhaust. See if it is similar. Some ppl here go with a magnaflow exhaust, and after lookin at youtube of all the exhaust that others have put on, I think I am going to go with the magnaflow also.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:59 PM
slideways
Rookie

I have the AEM intake on mine and it makes a small difference under throttle making it deeper and a little throatier. Overall though i got the Borla system because it wasnt too loud but still a performance system. I'm pretty happy with it even though its pretty quiet at idle.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:27 PM
Ridinhigh
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As far as CAI from ebay get one that removes the hemi hat because that is were most of the restriction is in the intake and as far as borla exhaust goes it should sound like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxUdnLl4Xbc
one of the best clips to date in my mind so you should get yours to sound like this

Old 02-26-2009, 10:23 PM
bonitoromeo

What do u mean by the one that removes the hemi hat? What do u recommend; looking for something not cheap but also not very expensive? Mine does not sound like that at all. Also looking for a decent tonneau cover along same lines at CAI (not cheap but not overpriced for my daytona w/wing). Thanks Does the resonator have something to do with the tone of exhaust?

Old 02-26-2009, 11:22 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider

heres a video of my old truck with a AT3030, LT headers....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynzwlR4z_GM

might kinda give ya an idea about how it sounds

Old 02-27-2009, 01:20 AM
Ridinhigh
All Star

Yes the resonator quiets down the exhaust and helps keep the drone of the exhaust out of the cabin and the hemi hat is the plastic peace that says hemi and connects to the throttle body of the engine i think there are some on ebay for like 90 dollars that will work fine

Old 02-28-2009, 03:59 PM
moosefire66
Veteran

do you even have piston rings? That looks like a lot of smoke comin out them there pipes..

Quick Reply: Borla Exhaust