3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Would like your opinion on which grill, please.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 06:56 PM
rtmtrrdr
All Star
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

#2 unless you want the ghetto look

Old 03-02-2009, 08:45 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Got_Mitch
ive seen too many #2's but ive never seen a #1 so id pick number one, to not go with the crowd. Hench my RBP grille.
well now youve seen one

but johnny, its probably the photoshop because it does the grill and your truck no justice. as i said before, i did see a lifted truck with a vertical grill once and i do have to say, it did look bada$$ but anyway, you shouldnt listen to people. all it comes down to is what you like. when i bought my grill, i had a choice between the mine and the wide mouth grill like the #2 option and i listened to no one and chose mine. im still happy with it even after a year. of course when i bought it, they had it in the shop and i got to put it on before i could buy it. youd be way different with the first option and i wont be the only one on the forum with my grill finally, i wont be alone in this world lol. oh yeah, i dont know if you ever saw it johnny, but i posted pics in the "show you 3rd gen ram" thread up there

ok, i lied when i said i didnt ask anyone. i did a poll much like this one a long time ago and everyone said go the horizantal one. but i decided to go against the crowd. no regrets here

Last edited by raminator08; 03-02-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:22 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by rtmtrrdr
#2 unless you want the ghetto look
i dont think it looks ghetto. ghetto would be putting some fake chrome side vents and a huge ram head on the hood lol. i saw a dodge with that on once. lmao as it went by

Old 03-02-2009, 10:23 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 4.7Ram5.7Rango
Since I told you once before that I had yor back raminator, I just wont vote for this one...
thanks. i got your back too

Old 03-02-2009, 10:28 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by raminator08
i dont think it looks ghetto. ghetto would be putting some fake chrome side vents and a huge ram head on the hood lol. i saw a dodge with that on once. lmao as it went by
I don't think it looks ghetto either, I think it is just a look you like or don't like. Just bc it is chrome doesn't make it ghetto.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:37 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

On a taller truck like yours, I think that number one looks a lot nicer. I think that was designed for a tall truck, not a shorter one. At least that's how it looks comparing yours to Raminator's.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:19 AM
JohnnysArt
All Star

Originally Posted by Redone4x4
what brand is the 2nd one Johnny?
The second one is by Truck Tek and I found it through sporttruckdirect website, but I also saw a few on ebay-- ebay is like 100.00 bucks less.
johnny.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:27 AM
JohnnysArt
All Star

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Are you set on one of these two or would you take suggestions?
I do like these two designs but I am open to suggestions. I used to have the gray honeycomb plastic an switched to this:
Name:  118_1898.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  110.3 KB
but the thing I don't like about this design it's just a pain in the *** to clean everytime.

johnny.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:36 AM
JohnnysArt
All Star

Originally Posted by raminator08
well now youve seen one

but johnny, its probably the photoshop because it does the grill and your truck no justice. as i said before, i did see a lifted truck with a vertical grill once and i do have to say, it did look bada$$ but anyway, you shouldnt listen to people. all it comes down to is what you like. when i bought my grill, i had a choice between the mine and the wide mouth grill like the #2 option and i listened to no one and chose mine. im still happy with it even after a year. of course when i bought it, they had it in the shop and i got to put it on before i could buy it. youd be way different with the first option and i wont be the only one on the forum with my grill finally, i wont be alone in this world lol. oh yeah, i dont know if you ever saw it johnny, but i posted pics in the "show you 3rd gen ram" thread up there

ok, i lied when i said i didnt ask anyone. i did a poll much like this one a long time ago and everyone said go the horizantal one. but i decided to go against the crowd. no regrets here
Thanks bro, I'm just having a tough time picking one thats why I am asking for some opinions and such. And yes I did see all the other pic's you posted and that grill does look insanely BADASS on your truck. And I pride myself on how things are turning out with the way I've modded the truck heck I think I'm the only one thats painted part of my calipers white lol
Name:  116491.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  52.4 KB
Been thinking of changing that one part to silver though.

And I'd like to thank everybody for your opinions.

johnny.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:06 AM
Got_Mitch
Professional

i can see a lil bit of brake dust, in that groove on the rotor. you should clean it.......

Quick Reply: Would like your opinion on which grill, please.