3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New to forum, Aftermarket Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 11:01 PM
pawrk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to forum, Aftermarket Exhaust

Hello everyone I am new to the forum. I will be picking up my brand new '05' 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4x4 HEMI this week and was wondering what aftermarket exhaust will be the best bang for my buck! I want a all stainless system and I think I have narrowed it down to 3 - Banks Monster exhaust, Magnaflow, and Borla. What is the best? Or is there something better out there than those 3?? They seem to be all close in price. Any info. will help. Thanks and clad to be a soon HEMI owner.

Old 02-28-2005, 01:30 PM
HemiRamOn20s
Default RE: New to forum, Aftermarket Exhaust

Well i went with a custom magnaflow exhaust that come out the back with square tips. Im not sure of the part number for the muffler but from what ive heard the best thing to do is to get it custom made at a muffler shop and it will cost half the price. For a single inlet dual outlet my ran me like $310 installed. After having mine for a year it only sounds better. At idle it has a nice low rumble and as soon as you step on it she opens up her lungs. It is just as loud as a flowmaster if not louder plus it doesnt have the fake sound that comes from flowmasters. My buddy has flows on his hemi and we both agree that mine sounds better. Im not sure about the banks and borla but the best option in my opinion is to check out you local muffler shop. You save yourself money and they can customize you system however you want.

Old 02-28-2005, 05:56 PM
pawrk

Thanks! I would go to a local muffler shop if they did exhaust in stainless for a decent price. I want a stainless system so I do not have to worry about it rusting out after a few years. There are a very few shops around my area that do stainless systems and they cost more than me purchasing one and putting it on myself.

Old 02-28-2005, 07:04 PM
redhothemi

hey man i persoally have flowmasters that sound great!, hightly recomend them

Old 02-28-2005, 07:39 PM
HemiRamOn20s

My system was all stainless so i think for the price i have paid i got a good deal and i have had no rust problem so far and i drive through salt during the winter months and i am at the beach by the ocean in the summer and have had no problems with the salt air or water. Plus if you go with magnaflow they are stainless and have a two year warranty and if you go with flows they can rust out and they dont offer the warranty... just my two cents

Old 03-03-2005, 05:51 PM
BigBlackHEMI

HEY GUYS...I'M NEW TO THE FORUM....JUST CRUIZING AROUND FOR THE FIRST TIME...YOU GUYS KNOW WHAT THE EXHAUST DIAMETER IS BETWEEN THE CAT AND THE MUFFLER?...I.E. HOW BIG SHOULD THE INLET BE ON MY NEW EXHAUST? THNAX, -J

Old 03-04-2005, 01:43 AM
Red Ram Hemi 2005
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just look for a truck specific system and look at the specs.

Old 03-09-2005, 01:23 PM
chefred112
All Star

...I went with 3" SI/SO magnaflow to a stainless tip rear exit behind the Passenger rear wheel. I went this rout because I wanted to keep low end torque (although I really like the dual exit look...but lose power at low end).... I had this done at a local muffler shop...parts and labor complete...$200.00 out the door....

Old 03-09-2005, 04:46 PM
goodestuff

i got 40 series flowmaster catback, with 3 1/2" angle cut stainless steel tips running out the back of the truck, on my 05 1500 4x4 hemi. i paid $275.00 out the door. the business people were great and we have even given them new customers.

Quick Reply: New to forum, Aftermarket Exhaust