3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Honest truth on Airaid MIT

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 02:32 PM
Ilovemytruck
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 03-04-2009, 03:28 PM
pcollins
Veteran

Originally Posted by HEMI07
from where?
I got mine from this seller on Ebay
http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/storechampion/

Doesnt look like he has any Dodge MIT's in stock, but I chose him because he uses the "Or Best Offer" feature. I put in $90 a few months back and he accepted it. Got it for 90 with free shipping. Might wanna wait and do what I did, and even bid a little lower. Up to you.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Stellar_D
Rookie

i saw him, he refused 90 from me then refused 100 saying they dont ship internationally.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Ron505

Is it just me, or are they not offering the MIT's for anything newer than 2003?

Old 03-04-2009, 05:30 PM
rebel61021
Veteran

I was just on the site and don't have a listing for anything newer that 2003...

Old 03-04-2009, 05:35 PM
rtmtrrdr
All Star
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

off of ebay it was a buy it now thing i got the same one last week,And i love it.made a noticable power gain(not a whole lot) but it bumped up my gas milage by 3 mpg (yes i did the math) and then i put a K&N filter in the stock air box

Old 03-07-2009, 11:21 PM
Stellar_D
Rookie

so i got one brought in at a local parts shop for 160CDN. It was a bit much but it was probably one of my cheaper options.

Anyway, put it in today and I think it has a little more poke, but nothing substantial. now if i did all my mods at once (air filter, performance muffler, air tube and chip) i'm sure it would have been a night and day difference.

I was looking at that hemi hat though and it doesnt seem like its any more restrictive than the MIT. it does have the little channels it seems, not sure what thats about.

anyway question about installing the MIT. With the air sensor, are you guys putting it in so that the blue sensor is opening is in the air stream, or turned sideways so the black plastic surrounding the sensor is in the air stream (hope i explained that right.)

biggest beef with the tube, the position of the air sensor hole. the wiring is pretty tight now after i stripped it back out of the wire loom

Old 03-07-2009, 11:34 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Stellar_D
anyway question about installing the MIT. With the air sensor, are you guys putting it in so that the blue sensor is opening is in the air stream, or turned sideways so the black plastic surrounding the sensor is in the air stream (hope i explained that right.)

biggest beef with the tube, the position of the air sensor hole. the wiring is pretty tight now after i stripped it back out of the wire loom
Doesn't matter which way the IAT is facing. At first I didn't like the IAT on the back of the tube because of the wiring length issue you're talking about but it does give a cleaner look.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:44 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i like my MIT. seems like it gave my stock exhaust a nice lower note, and gave me some more pull in 4th gear. and now that i got new exhaust on, im sure it helped out with the awesome some im getting.

Old 03-08-2009, 03:25 PM
rebel61021
Veteran

I just installed on my Truck and took it for a test drive and can't beleive the difference in the throttle response, it has been raining here so the roads are wet but she spins the tires way easier then she did before even on wet roads. went out in the country and lit it up till she smoked before I let off and was really impressed with a simple $115 bolt on it gives quite a bang for the buck. I am waiting to see what it does for MPG after I get use to it and start driving good again right now itis just fun to chirp the big Mud tires. Here is picture of the installed MIT on my Truck.

Quick Reply: Honest truth on Airaid MIT