3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Leveling WITHOUT lifting the front?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 04:51 PM
04-fourseven
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rebel61021
next thing you know there will be wide white wall tires and fender skirts
Dont forget the curb feelers!

Old 03-05-2009, 07:35 PM
6 hemi ram
Professional

...and the dingleberrys

Old 03-05-2009, 08:38 PM
Bertens
Professional

I have the belltechs installed on mine.... Love the level stance and the ride is just as good as factory. Forgive me father for I have sinned.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:20 PM
stratusguy02
Professional

I have the DJM drop shackles on mine. It leveled out the truck and I think it looks good while still being able to go into parking garages.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Terez
Default leveling

Thanks for the constructive replies Fella's!

Pics would be great if ya can.

All the pseudo tough guys who can't bare to see a truck lowered can butt out thanks.......or I'll tip yer truck over in the parking lot! LOL

Old 03-10-2009, 10:11 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Terez

All the pseudo tough guys who can't bare to see a truck lowered can butt out thanks.......or I'll tip yer truck over in the parking lot! LOL
check out raiderjay's truck. he put rear drop shackles on a 4x4

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/members...-hemi-4x4.html

Old 03-10-2009, 11:16 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Terez

Tip it, and we'll drive over yours.
The only reason a 4x4 should be lowered is for performance. Some of the ideas I have on my truck, it would look good a little lower, but a few more performance mods on it would be required.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:21 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ried69
Tip it, and we'll drive over yours.
The only reason a 4x4 should be lowered is for performance. Some of the ideas I have on my truck, it would look good a little lower, but a few more performance mods on it would be required.
lets not forget about those all wheel drive Audis that race. they have excellent performance. 4wd will give you more traction and it should be safer then to drive in bad weather conditions. if you dont want to go offroad and are concerned with safety and performance, then by all means lower a truck. i know people say that you dont buy a truck for this reason but you can still tow and haul loads with it which is what the truck was built for originally. if you want to go off road, buy a jeep

Old 03-11-2009, 12:23 AM
ried69
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by raminator08
lets not forget about those all wheel drive Audis that race. they have excellent performance. 4wd will give you more traction and it should be safer then to drive in bad weather conditions. if you dont want to go offroad and are concerned with safety and performance, then by all means lower a truck. i know people say that you dont buy a truck for this reason but you can still tow and haul loads with it which is what the truck was built for originally. if you want to go off road, buy a jeep
Or if you need a 4wd, buy a truck. We buy trucks because we need them off-roads, but we also need them for pulling loads on cattle and a 30' goose neck trailer. Trucks aren't just for complete off-roading and using on trails, but for practical use also. Awd and 4wd are nice, but you don't need them for racing, they will lower your time when taking off from a stop, but faster in 2 from a rolling start.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:45 AM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ried69
Or if you need a 4wd, buy a truck. We buy trucks because we need them off-roads, but we also need them for pulling loads on cattle and a 30' goose neck trailer. Trucks aren't just for complete off-roading and using on trails, but for practical use also. Awd and 4wd are nice, but you don't need them for racing, they will lower your time when taking off from a stop, but faster in 2 from a rolling start.
like i said before, you could need 4wd for safety on the roads in bad rain and then not need the extra height.
all it comes down to is what your needs are.
lift it or lower it, do whatever you want as long as you personally like it

Quick Reply: Leveling WITHOUT lifting the front?