3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Traction bars for a Ram

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 12:08 AM
bigbuckhunter
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction bars for a Ram

I’ve been looking around for some traction bars for my 03 4x4. The thing is that I don’t want traction bars like the lake wood bars. I’m looking for some like the superlift or procomp bars that connect to the axle housing and go to the frame. This doesn’t seem to be offered for the dodge 02 and up trucks. So I got to looking at my trucks suspension, Can I just make some for it? I found that the “bump stop” that’s welded onto the axle housing looks like a good place to mount the rear bracket for the traction bar. And the frame about 10 inches forward of the front spring perch would be a good place for the front bracket. I have a 3” lift block so it seems that the bar would be pretty much level with the ground depending how far I extend the rear bracket that I would weld to the bump stop bracket. What do you guys think??? By looking at the pics of the superlift and procomp traction bars, it appears to be a sturdy bar with bushings at both ends right? Do you think that by making the bars and putting them on, that I might biff something up that could possible get me into a wreck due to some sort of a suspension angle or flex issue? The bars would be ran parallel with the frame. Making the brackets, mounting them and making the bars are no problem. I just don’t want to put my families safety at risk due to some “angle issue” that I don’t know about.

Quick Reply: Traction bars for a Ram