3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Leveling Kit this & Leveling Kit that... but whats the height difference

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 10:17 PM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leveling Kit this & Leveling Kit that... but whats the height difference

ok so I have taken the past hour looking for this but have no luck

I know the 4x4 sits higher than the 2wd - common sense... and you can buy a leveling kit... i know this - but how high does the 2wd sit in comparison to the 4x4 Ram 1500 - specifically to the 2006 and 2007 years??

Thank ya in advance

EDIT 2119CST- Just to make sure Im specific enough - assuming that the truck is all factory no lifts or anything 17" tires

EDIT again 2302CST - What is the total clearance for a Stock 4x4 ram 2006-07?
and the tailgate to ground?

You know I can see myself going to a dealership around here with a measuring tape - and make the guys here look at me even more o.O crazy than they already do... and some just know to leave me alone if I come look cause they know I aint buying from them LMAO

Cow-Chick

Last edited by RodeoRamCowgirl; 03-07-2009 at 12:02 AM.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Army_HEMI2WD
Rookie

not exact on this cowgirl but id would say same rims and tires, the works, a 2wd sits 3-4 inches lower than a 4x4 (atleast up front). not sure about the back though. is this what your looking for or do you want the 2wd bumper to ground, frame to ground, or wheel to fender hieght vs 4x4's. if so cant help ya there.

Last edited by Army_HEMI2WD; 03-06-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:20 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

wow, what a coincidence. i was wondering the same thing too today. i was at Gander Mountain and was in the parking lot looking for a spot when i saw this 07+ reg cab like mine except it was a 4x4. i drove out of my way there and parked right next to it so i could see the height difference. it wasnt leveled but it was a good few inches taller at the hood and bed. with a leveling kit i could probably get my 2wd front end as tall as its front end is without any leveling kit but the back would still be taller. id probably then need a little body lift or rear blocks to lift my rear up but then my truck is unlevel again

oh yeah, it had the stock 17s or 18s (not sure didnt really look) and i have 22s with 305/40 tires. mine are 32" tall right now but it might have made a difference if i had 33"

Old 03-06-2009, 11:23 PM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned

Originally Posted by raminator08
wow, what a coincidence. i was wondering the same thing too today. i was at Gander Mountain and was in the parking lot looking for a spot when i saw this 07+ reg cab like mine except it was a 4x4. i drove out of my way there and parked right next to it so i could see the height difference. it wasnt leveled but it was a good few inches taller at the hood and bed. with a leveling kit i could probably get my 2wd front end as tall as its front end is without any leveling kit but the back would still be taller. id probably then need a little body lift or rear blocks to lift my rear up but then my truck is unlevel again

oh yeah, it had the stock 17s or 18s (not sure didnt really look) and i have 22s with 305/40 tires. mine are 32" tall right now but it might have made a difference if i had 33"
I was driving past The Dodge dealership on 35 today and wondered that, cause I was thinking about a leveling kit on my Ram when I get her - lol - my mind has probably been corrupted by y'all on here now, cause all I can think of when I see a Ram is "ok what mods have been done to this and what yr is it..."

Though I just feel like throwing up when I see a 06 white 1500 QC Hemi right now... 3 times today so far...

Last edited by RodeoRamCowgirl; 03-06-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:29 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by RodeoRamCowgirl
I was driving past Fowler Dodge on 35 today and wondered that, cause I was thinking about a leveling kit on my Ram when I get her - lol - my mind has probably been corrupted by y'all on here now, cause all I can think of when I see a Ram is "ok what mods have been done to this and what yr is it..."

Though I just feel like throwing up when I see a white 1500 QC right now... 3 times today so far
haha, thats the same it is with me. i can spot any little modication on any ram. i look at the headlights and taillights to see what year it is, then proceed to check out the rest of the truck. and when a reg cab goes by, i take extra time with the whole process (especially if its black)
but yea, you should definitely do a leveling kit. if you arent going with an off road style, i would probably lower the rear. you wouldnt need bigger wheels then since the wheel well will nice and full. also, gas mileage wouldnt like it might with the front up high. lower truck=better aerodynamics, i think

Old 03-06-2009, 11:44 PM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned

haha, thats the same it is with me. i can spot any little modication on any ram. i look at the headlights and taillights to see what year it is, then proceed to check out the rest of the truck. and when a reg cab goes by, i take extra time with the whole process (especially if its black)
but yea, you should definitely do a leveling kit. if you arent going with an off road style, i would probably lower the rear. you wouldnt need bigger wheels then since the wheel well will nice and full. also, gas mileage wouldnt like it might with the front up high. lower truck=better aerodynamics, i think
gonna need the rear clearance and play though, I will be hauling another car - 'Big Brother' - the offroading Rubicon of the b/f's and my colbalt, then a horse trailer, so ya, front end is going up, air bags in the back, switch in the dash...
and a grill guard in front to 'avoid' damaging my car when I 'hit' things that move at my old height -

Old 03-06-2009, 11:53 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

gonna need the rear clearance and play though, I will be hauling another car - 'Big Brother' - the offroading Rubicon of the b/f's and my colbalt, then a horse trailer, so ya, front end is going up, air bags in the back, switch in the dash...
and a grill guard in front to 'avoid' damaging my car when I 'hit' things that move at my old height -
yeah, id lift the front up then and get those bags in the back otherwise your back will be like a lowrider and your front jacked up like an off roader

Old 03-06-2009, 11:57 PM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned

yeah, id lift the front up then and get those bags in the back otherwise your back will be like a lowrider and your front jacked up like an off roader
Yucky Image - a cross between a Mexican and a offroader...

Here's another, what is the clearance of the total height of a stock Ram...
I'm adding that to the post... lol

Old 03-07-2009, 12:02 AM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Yucky Image - a cross between a Mexican and a offroader...

Here's another, what is the clearance of the total height of a stock Ram...
I'm adding that to the post... lol
i think its like 75.7" for a 2wd and 78.6" for 4wd. dont quote me on that because im not exactly sure but it seems right to me

Old 03-07-2009, 01:53 PM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned

i think its like 75.7" for a 2wd and 78.6" for 4wd. dont quote me on that because im not exactly sure but it seems right to me

ok - ty. Im trying to give measurements within like an inch or 2 cause they are looking to retro fit something for my dodge.

Quick Reply: Leveling Kit this & Leveling Kit that... but whats the height difference