3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

MDS exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 04:44 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoss356
My trans is still working and my truck doesn't sound like a suburu anymore...
That is good news for me!!!!!

Old 03-10-2009, 05:13 PM
a4twenty
Professional

Originally Posted by Billy DeNuzzio
most aggresive sounding muffler for the truck?
probably the cherry bomb extreme

Old 03-10-2009, 06:07 PM
Dodgeboy77
Veteran

Originally Posted by bigmac18
The '06's have 2 resonators. 1 before the muffler, and 1 after the muffler. The guy at the shop suggested to leave the front resonator on, that it would cut down on some drone in the cab, and would make it less noticeable when the MDS kicked in. I am glad I did this, you can barely tell when it is in MDS mode. But the exhaust is still very loud and aggressive sounding even with the 1 resonator still on.
I think he is right about leaving the resonator. I read an article how Dodge got an exhaust tuner to come up with an exhaust that sounded the same when the MDS was on and off.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:34 PM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Billy DeNuzzio
Guys, thanks for the help. i think i'm gonna go with the exhaust....one more thing... what seems to be the most popular and most aggresive sounding muffler for the truck? I ride bikes (dirt and street) and they both are loud as all hell, wanna keep the trend going. my jet boat has open headers too.
Cherry Bomb Extreme, few others. Check out the FAQ section at the top of 3rd gen and look for the muffler poll.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:26 PM
RaiderJay6
Record Breaker

I went with the Corsa system on mine and love it. Then got the Predator to get rid of the MDS and love it even more! Sound clip in my signature.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:58 PM
lanceh13
Amateur

I too have the flowmaster 50hd's...love the sound! You can deff tell when the MDS kicks in...but if it bugs you just put it in tow-haul mode and it will disable it...(until you turn the truck off and go to start it again. Also since I put my exhaust on I notice that because I can tell the audible change it seems like just as soon as the MDS mode kicks in...I give it a little gas....so it defeats the purpose of having it...

just my .02 personally I wouldn't let it stop you from throwing some exhaust on it...you get used to it...

Old 03-10-2009, 11:03 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by RaiderJay6
I went with the Corsa system on mine and love it. Then got the Predator to get rid of the MDS and love it even more! Sound clip in my signature.
Jay how loud is it outside ur truck? Is it wake the neightbors up if you jump on it? from the clip it sounded like alot of the sound came from the CIA is this accurate? ur truck is bass *** by the way.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:01 AM
bigmac18
Veteran

I like the Flowmaster Super 44, maybe not the loudest, but it has a very nice aggressive tone to it. I have heard the Aero Turbine's are loud (AT 3030), but also come with alot of drone. That's why I didn't get one, but if you want loud, it may be the way to go.
Good Luck, You'll love it anyway you do it...any aftermarket exhaust is still better than stock!

Also...the Superchips Flashpaq tuner now has a program to turn off the MDS as well.

Quick Reply: MDS exhaust?