3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Train Horn

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 12:53 PM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A buddy of mine has them - freakin' hilarious!!! I would love to have those.

Check out hornblasters.com.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:14 PM
Ben D.
Champion

i want one but i can't... i have little to no self control. train horn would be a bad bad bad idea

Old 03-17-2009, 05:01 PM
Joel_MD
Captain

I bought my horn and air setup from Air Horns of Texas. They have great customer service and they carry the Viair compressors, which I think are very good.

I only have a regular truck air horn, but it's really friggin' loud. My friends say it's as loud as a Metro train (the light rail trains that carry passengers in the DC area). If I was you I would be careful where I used a train horn. You might cause a heart attack and kill somebody!

Old 03-17-2009, 10:52 PM
08arhemi
Professional

Originally Posted by bigmac18
I got my Siege engineering setup off of ebay also. It has the Viair 380c compressor with a 3 gallon tank and the Kong MKII horns. I mounted the horns behind the front bumper, and the tank and compressor are mounted along the frame rail under the passenger side. They are loud and have held up great for 2 years now.

Bigmac,

You dampen your compressor in any way? Mine is under the hood and my whole dang truck rattles when it kicks on. Granted it is only on for 30 seconds max, but if you want to be sneaky in a crowd it's kinda tough when your horn blows and the dang compressor can be heard from 100 yards away...

Think I'm just going to remount with a buttload of rubber grommets and pads all over everything.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:22 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

On mine you cannot see it but on the bottom of the MDF there are big rubber feet. Like yours, when mine was on the vibration was loud. Now it is so quiet I had a wire in a LED to the hot side of the compressor and put it up in the cab so that when it is on I can tell and monitor it. I also added a 300psi gauge up front to monitor air pressure.

Quick Reply: Train Horn