3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Has anyone solved an ABS Light, Brake Warning Light, No Speedo symptom?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 05:34 PM
twelvepak
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Thank God. It was just a fuse missing. I was well on the way to spending over 800.00. Keep It Simple Stupid. Check the simple stuf first. I always forget that. Gosh.Thanx to all who replied it was a cheap easy fix.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:37 PM
4matty3
Captain

just happend to me today. i was in around 2 feet of snow stuck stalled once, restarted everything worked fine. on my way home the lights came on. wondering if the snow melted and got in the sensor.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:48 AM
bbeamer

Originally Posted by 4matty3
just happend to me today. i was in around 2 feet of snow stuck stalled once, restarted everything worked fine. on my way home the lights came on. wondering if the snow melted and got in the sensor.

Yup, that is highly likely as the sensor and connectors are plastic.
Check to be sure you didn't break anything in the snow. If the speedo works then you probably did not. Just disconnect the sensor and dry everything out.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:50 PM
hitmand850

I had that problem and figured out how to change the abs sensor and both lights turned off. Went and had my brakes n rotors done and they're back on. Gonna check my connections again today and clean around it and hopefully the lights go back off

Old 05-24-2013, 02:32 PM
pen101
Default 04, abs brake light on, speedo works but....

jumps between 25kmh to 40 while key is on or truck is running in "n"
She is a 4.7, 4x4 reg cab 5 spd manual, 2004.
I have a cheap obd2 code reader and it throws nothing at me says everything ok.
This truck I bought late last summer, buddy certified it, putting disc's on and replacing the drums.
When I went to start this spring had a "boo-boo" the 50 amp circuit breaker was in a blind spot (for the electrical brake controller) and I "bumped it", obviously since it was silicone together I was not the first to bump it.
So instead of "hacking it back together" I simply bought a new 50 amp circuit breaker and installed where it wont get bumped. My brake lights work, no other signs of problems.
I pulled the sensor (yes on the rear diff) to check connection and pulled it to see if there was any metal from my rear end, clean as a whistle.
I read cycling my key on and off resets the computer (obviously not a dodge owner) cause before i buy a rear speed sensor (around 50 bones with taxes here in Kanata) I'd like to make sure it is that sensor....checked all fuses...going out to cycle key now....
BTW any help greatly appreciated.
My lady cant drive a stick, so I got beat with one when I came home with this "treasure"!

Old 01-16-2014, 09:44 AM
dandhluv
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brake/abs light/speedometer not working/ac/heater/mirror defroster not working

I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 with the hemi and just this past week my brake and abs lights are on, speedometer doesn't work, my a/c button and mirror defroster buttons do not respond and my heater is on high heat and blowing through the dash vents. I changed the rear speed sensor and it didn't fix the problem. Just noticed also that my reverse lights don't work. I checked the ABS module and it looks dry. Any help?

The following users liked this post:
Matthew White (04-26-2021)
Old 01-16-2014, 12:07 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dandhluv
I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 with the hemi and just this past week my brake and abs lights are on, speedometer doesn't work, my a/c button and mirror defroster buttons do not respond and my heater is on high heat and blowing through the dash vents. I changed the rear speed sensor and it didn't fix the problem. Just noticed also that my reverse lights don't work. I checked the ABS module and it looks dry. Any help?
You already Check your fuses.....?

Have you checked the underside of the fusebox?

Also, on the 4x4 models there are TWO speed/abs sensors, did you change both of them or just one?

Old 01-17-2014, 07:53 AM
dandhluv
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brake/abs light/speedometer not working/ac/heater/mirror defroster not working

Izero - fuses are good - changed just the rear sensor as I was told that that is the one that controls the speedometer. Is the other one on the transmission? What do I need to check under the fuse box? I did a self diagnostic with turning the key on and off 3 times and the check engine light flashed 10 times.

Old 01-17-2014, 10:44 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dandhluv
Izero - fuses are good - changed just the rear sensor as I was told that that is the one that controls the speedometer. Is the other one on the transmission? What do I need to check under the fuse box? I did a self diagnostic with turning the key on and off 3 times and the check engine light flashed 10 times.
You need to check for corrosion on the UNDERSIDE of the fuse box.... there are threads on here that describe how to do it...

Old 01-24-2014, 10:19 PM
iangoround

My father has this problem sometimes on his truck. No speedo, ABS and brake light on, no radio, no heat. He discovered that the ignition switch doesn't always fully return to RUN after starting. This allows the truck to run, but the cabin electrics freak out because only some of them are getting power or something like that. Making sure that the key returns all the way to the RUN position is the fix until the switch can be replaced.

Quick Reply: Has anyone solved an ABS Light, Brake Warning Light, No Speedo symptom?