3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Do mods lower dealer trade in value?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 01:29 AM
ried69
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
I have found that the best thing to do is to replace the stock parts into the truck and sell the mods seperately. You will get more money in the end that way because dealers aren't going to give you anything for the mods anyway.
But then when the dealer sells it, he lists off all of the parts added onto it, and how a lot of money was put into this machine, and the person buying it is getting one hell of a deal.

Old 03-22-2009, 02:31 AM
BrianD215
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I bought my Ram... from a Ford dealer... they told me they had no idea if the exhaust was aftermarket. It was a Flowmaster 40. At the right RPM it's practically deafening. The MODs mean nothing to them normally.

A lot of times you can do much better selling your vehicle privately to someone looking for a truck with some mods already done. At least you have a shot at finding someone who will appreciate the time and money put in, instead of someone who try to screw you for it.

Quick Reply: Do mods lower dealer trade in value?