3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bad bushing allighnment or bad design??

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 09:08 PM
Bigc9164
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad bushing allighnment or bad design??

when i got my 07 2wd reg cab brand new after 8000 miles the outer front tries were worn down a ton. so when i got new rims and stuck with the same tires i had them switch the front and back tires. and they reaigned it because they said the alignment was WAY off. so today im debadging my truck and front pasenger outer rim of the tire was worn down a ton!! but only the passenger side. does this happen often with rams or is it a bad bushing or another bad alignment. and i dont go offroad at all so i havent messed up my alignment at all fron that kind of stuff i dont think! ????????

Old 03-22-2009, 11:05 PM
sos
All Star

Sounds like it's out of camber.

You don't have to go offroad to throw off your alignment, it could be a pothole, a curb, speedbump, or it could have been that the tech that did the alignment didn't tighten everything enough.

It also could indicate a bearing problem, or ball joints, but those are unlikely at such a low mileage unless you just got a bad one.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:18 PM
Bigc9164
Veteran

is that something that would be covered under warranty you think??

Old 03-23-2009, 07:28 AM
sos
All Star

It's just another adjustment when they do the alignment. I'd be hesitant to say that yes it's covered under warranty, because that's probably one of the things they exclude because they can't control it. If it turns out to be a bad part, then yes, but just an adjustment of camber, probably not.

Quick Reply: Bad bushing allighnment or bad design??