3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Window Vents: Brand Options.. Mopar?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009 | 08:22 PM
Dodgeboy328
Veteran

I have AVS in-channel vent shades on my truck. I got them from Summitt for $40 with free shipping. I like them, but they're really nothing special. A vent shade is a vent shade. I do think in-channels look better though. I also hear just a little bit of wind on the highway, but I'm kinda OCD so I hear all kinds of things. haha.

Old 03-25-2009 | 08:58 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator

Those look exactly like my AVS brand, except I don't have the Ram decal on mine. About $50 @ Autozone.
Yes, they do add some wind noise, but it's not overbearing.

Old 03-28-2009 | 11:28 AM
Bones1274
Professional

When I was getting my last oil change at the dealer, I inquired into the price. They said $92 for the vents and $96 for the labor. I said $96 *!#@ dollars to stick on some vents!?! The service writer said yup, we gotta clean and prep the area, yada yada yada. I told him for 96 bucks they better be serving me lunch while I wait. When the oil change was complete and I was walking out to my truck, the service manager came up to me and said in a hushed tone, If you want to wait till closing, there is a mech in the back named "xxxx" that will do it for 50 bucks on the side....
I told the service manager they did not have them in stock and left.

Old 03-28-2009 | 05:27 PM
Dodgeboy328
Veteran

Originally Posted by Bones1274
When I was getting my last oil change at the dealer, I inquired into the price. They said $92 for the vents and $96 for the labor. I said $96 *!#@ dollars to stick on some vents!?! The service writer said yup, we gotta clean and prep the area, yada yada yada. I told him for 96 bucks they better be serving me lunch while I wait. When the oil change was complete and I was walking out to my truck, the service manager came up to me and said in a hushed tone, If you want to wait till closing, there is a mech in the back named "xxxx" that will do it for 50 bucks on the side....
I told the service manager they did not have them in stock and left.
Holy crap! I would never pay that in labor just to install some vent shades! It takes just a few minutes to do it yourself and it's not hard at all.

Old 03-28-2009 | 06:01 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 06 Ram5.7
The Mopar ones are stick-on. I have ones from WeatherTech. There pretty much the same price as the Mopar, but they're the in-channel ones. They're pretty easy to install, and they look much better than the stick on ones.
I'm looking at those right now....did you get the light tint or dark tint ones? If you got the light tint how light is it really? I'm getting a 50% tint on my side windows and i'm trying to get it to match the vents.

Old 03-28-2009 | 06:13 PM
06 Ram5.7
Veteran

Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
I'm looking at those right now....did you get the light tint or dark tint ones? If you got the light tint how light is it really? I'm getting a 50% tint on my side windows and i'm trying to get it to match the vents.
I got the light tinted ones. I would say they are probably around 50%, maybe a little darker, but not much. I would say that they would be pretty close to matching the window tint.

Old 03-28-2009 | 06:14 PM
nim81
Record Breaker

i got the cheap ones from ebay, stick on, never hear them or anything. love em and saved alot of money too. look just like all the rest of them, i guess i could always get some little ram stickers and put on them. lol couldnt tell a difference

Old 03-28-2009 | 07:46 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 06 Ram5.7
I got the light tinted ones. I would say they are probably around 50%, maybe a little darker, but not much. I would say that they would be pretty close to matching the window tint.
Crap I can't decide...the light ones in this install vid look too light but the background is white as hell so I can't tell. Innie meanie minnie moee..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a23_cRpxOAE hmmm, chic in the vid still shot doesn't look half bad...the whole giraffe neck kinda turns me on

Last edited by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn; 03-28-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-28-2009 | 09:02 PM
06 Ram5.7
Veteran

Crap I can't decide...the light ones in this install vid look too light but the background is white as hell so I can't tell. Innie meanie minnie moee..

I’ve never seen the dark tinted ones, so I’m not sure how dark they are, but if you’re only getting 50% tint, I think the dark ones will be too dark.

Old 03-29-2009 | 03:36 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator

Crap I can't decide...the light ones in this install vid look too light but the background is white as hell so I can't tell. Innie meanie minnie moee..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a23_cRpxOAE hmmm, chic in the vid still shot doesn't look half bad...the whole giraffe neck kinda turns me on
The woman in the video sure is a cutie!!!

My AVS ones are very dark. Never saw any 50% or lighter ones before.

Quick Reply: Window Vents: Brand Options.. Mopar?