3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 03:09 AM
Brock shabada
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default supercharger

okay so i wanna supercharge my 5.7 l hemi, but im not really sure what to do, and i dont know much about it, do i need a new transmission and differential? and does anyone have a supercharger for sale? sorry i feel pretty dumb but i need some help here haha thanks

Old 03-24-2009, 03:13 AM
pavester
Professional

sts turbo with a 392 yummy.

Old 03-24-2009, 04:21 AM
Alpheus
Banned

If you can put air in your tires thaen you are ready to tackle a DIY super charger install. You are ready my son. All you need is a flat head screwdriver (butter knife) and a pair of pliers. Piece of cake!!!

Old 03-24-2009, 04:40 AM
talon6
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

heres a kit. pretty straight forward. and if you tow,you donnt want a turbo set up.

http://www.procharger.com/TRUCK_SUV/truck_suv.shtml

Old 03-24-2009, 09:35 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Alpheus
If you can put air in your tires thaen you are ready to tackle a DIY super charger install. You are ready my son. All you need is a flat head screwdriver (butter knife) and a pair of pliers. Piece of cake!!!

Me persoanlly, I want to wait for the KenneBell to come out.
A supercharger install is not as easy as putting air in your tires. WHAT?!? It is a long intesive install and if you don't even know how to change your oil, then you cannot install one. My Mustnag S/C'er was rather intensive because I had to drop the tank and install a higher flow pumpas well as a T-rex unit. Also, I upgraded to injectors. Those Fuel trim boxes of junk they give you are crap and I would never reccomend using one. They are for people who don't get a dyno tune. I would never install a supercharger without a custom dynol tune. Just not a smart idea. Also, i had to tap into my oil pan, but the Procharger units are self contained. They are the easier on'es to install but your still looking at 4-5hours with no idea whats going on. 2-3 for a mechanic.
Most other installs with proper fuel pump and injectors can take up to 8hrs.

You def need to firm up shifts in your tranny, but with a mild boost of say 6psi, you'd be fine with the stock drivetrain.

Old 03-24-2009, 05:53 PM
Alpheus
Banned

Originally Posted by dirtydog
Me persoanlly, I want to wait for the KenneBell to come out.
A supercharger install is not as easy as putting air in your tires. WHAT?!? It is a long intesive install and if you don't even know how to change your oil, then you cannot install one. My Mustnag S/C'er was rather intensive because I had to drop the tank and install a higher flow pumpas well as a T-rex unit. Also, I upgraded to injectors. Those Fuel trim boxes of junk they give you are crap and I would never reccomend using one. They are for people who don't get a dyno tune. I would never install a supercharger without a custom dynol tune. Just not a smart idea. Also, i had to tap into my oil pan, but the Procharger units are self contained. They are the easier on'es to install but your still looking at 4-5hours with no idea whats going on. 2-3 for a mechanic.
Most other installs with proper fuel pump and injectors can take up to 8hrs.

You def need to firm up shifts in your tranny, but with a mild boost of say 6psi, you'd be fine with the stock drivetrain.
That was meant to be a joke... But there is no font for sarcasm; I should come up with one. I know all caps is YELLING, MaYbE ThIs WiLl Be ThE nEw FoNt FoR wHeN YoU WaNt To CoMe AcRoSs As BeInG SaRcAsTiC...

Last edited by Alpheus; 03-24-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:05 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Alpheus
That was meant to be a joke... But there is no font for sarcasm; I should come up with one. I know all caps is YELLING, MaYbE ThIs WiLl Be ThE nEw FoNt FoR wHeN YoU WaNt To CoMe AcRoSs As BeInG SaRcAsTiC...

haha....reAL fUnNy....lmao

Old 03-24-2009, 06:26 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

I've been reading up on the SMS 296 Supercharger here and there and they say it fits "select 5.7L Dodge Trucks" but I haven't really had a chance to dig around to much into it to see what all they require and what all is needed for the system... But they do give a relative number of a 45% gain in HP on a stock engine...

http://www.challengerblog.com/blog/1...57l-61l-motors

Old 03-24-2009, 06:28 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wait for kennebell!!!!!

Old 03-24-2009, 07:43 PM
Alpheus
Banned

Mopar owners of 2005 to 2009 HEMI 5.7 and HEMI 6.1 vehicles are now able to boost under hood horsepower by up to 45% with innovative new dual-screw supercharger (patent pending).

That brings me to a question I have trying to get answered, there has to be a difference with the ECM on 03-04 model Hemis...

Quick Reply: supercharger