3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

magnaflow true duals

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 12:16 AM
mike1589
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good thats what i want is the rumble. You think it'll be plenty loud with true duals?

Old 03-28-2009, 12:24 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkhunter10
I was told by my local muffler shop that if I did true duals on my 2007 that it would void the warranty!!
My dealer said that catback is fine, but if you touch the cat or go in front of it then they will void the engine warranty. Ridiculous BS excuse.

Anyways, True duals requires 2 seperate pipes from the front to the rear. The duals your prob thinking of is a dual outlet catback. That still retains the factory squished Y-pipe.

Old 03-28-2009, 03:38 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

They can only void the warranty on the parts you replace unless it can be proven that the aftermarket part caused the damage. then you are SOL. I had a Cat-back on my F150 and had no warranty issues with the dealer.
If Magnaflow ever releases the cat-back for the 08, I'll be installing one on the RAM!!

Old 03-28-2009, 10:39 AM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by lxman1
They can only void the warranty on the parts you replace unless it can be proven that the aftermarket part caused the damage. then you are SOL. I had a Cat-back on my F150 and had no warranty issues with the dealer.
If Magnaflow ever releases the cat-back for the 08, I'll be installing one on the RAM!!
The catback for the 07's should work...can't think of any changes from 07 to 08.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:55 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lxman1

I know what you re saying. I was just saying what they told me and was just relaying the info on to another...lol

I have had a catback on my 2008 Ram hemi since the first month I had it. i just bought a catback for the 06+ years. No problems there bud. You'd better get the move on. What style are you looking for? Ebay has the best prices on Magnaflow shipped to your door. You can get a side exit like i have for $525 shipped, a stock exit for $500 shipped and a dual split rear for $550 shipped.
Lemme know and I'll help ya out.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:39 AM
ShirtaDay.com
Banned

From what I also have heard, if you touch the cat or anything in front of it, then you're voiding the engine warranty. They will do everything they can to use that against you so they don't have to pay out on a warranty repair if you need one. And if you'll want them to pay for the repair, you'll need to fight them In addition to their lawyer you'll have to go up against, they'll have experts that come up with something like backpressure not being significant causing this that and ultimately your issue. It won't be worth the cost/effort. Just keep it in mind.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:06 PM
AmericanBadAss

i got true dual magnaflow on mine and it sounds great. my dealership also told me it wouldnt void my warranty unless something small like a hanger broke and the cause was from the exhaust then i would obviously have to pay for that. great deep muscle sound and lifetime stainless guarentee cant ask for much better

Old 04-12-2009, 08:30 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by AmericanBadAss
i got true dual magnaflow on mine and it sounds great. my dealership also told me it wouldnt void my warranty unless something small like a hanger broke and the cause was from the exhaust then i would obviously have to pay for that. great deep muscle sound and lifetime stainless guarentee cant ask for much better
^^^thats what I was told too^^^

Old 04-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Dodgeboy77
Veteran

what about aero turbine? it's supposed to be a deep rumble.

Old 04-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Ridinhigh
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

from what i have heard and listened to the magnaflow is by far the best it gives a loud deep rumble and flow is just a more loud loud without the rumble aeroturbine sounds good but always to seem a little to much metal sound rather than the rumble but still good

Quick Reply: magnaflow true duals