3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

4:10 vs 4:56

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 08:51 PM
red06RAM
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by raminator08
what exactly am i looking for?

You should have a sticker in there. My truck did not have one but I know I have 3.92 Is your truck 3.7 or 4.7?

Old 03-31-2009, 09:01 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

well, i have my VIN # and i have a 3.7 but im not sure of what options came with it

Old 03-31-2009, 09:03 PM
red06RAM
All Star

Originally Posted by raminator08
well, i have my VIN # and i have a 3.7 but im not sure of what options came with it
Use this link to get a build sheet. http://www.dodge.com/wccsapp/univers...ull&category=U

Then you'll know for sure.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:27 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by red06RAM
Use this link to get a build sheet. http://www.dodge.com/wccsapp/univers...ull&category=U

Then you'll know for sure.
ok thanks, just emailed them. cant wait to find out everything that my truck came with

Old 03-31-2009, 09:57 PM
red06RAM
All Star

Did you buy the truck new?

Old 03-31-2009, 09:59 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by red06RAM
Did you buy the truck new?
yeah, but it was one of the specials the dealer had. they had it all in the showroom area because they put some extras on it. i never got to see the window sticker because they also tinted the windows

Old 03-31-2009, 10:54 PM
philipb
Rookie

nice truck raminator. redram and hammer gave me that link to get the build sheet. they respond pretty darn quick!

Old 03-31-2009, 10:55 PM
Alpheus
Banned

Originally Posted by philipb
fyi alpheus, this is only my third gas vehicle, ive been a diesel head all my life. yup thats right i was probably one of the diesels that smoked you. ricer? thats the lowest of the low and you know. talk about my wife, my kids, even my mom but you dont call me a ricer. like i said you were mad about something and it looks like it must be the money part and the fact that i can just go and get a set gears put in both axles. cake boy? up yours needle d!ck. why cant you be like the rest of the guys in this fine forum keep your negative, childish, immature comments to yourself. im asking politely and once again I DID APOLOGIZE OFF THE BAT FOR THE COMMON QUESTION. take note from hammer and rssjib about patience. thank you guys for putting up with my stupid question and i apologize to you for trying to learn even though i admit i should hve used the search function. at least if i would have done that i wouldnt have met alpheus and wasted my time arguing with a broke and mad about it, i got a small one idiot. you guys are awesome and i hope i can ask you more questions in the future.
In my world I work on my own truck. As for gears, I dont need to change them I bought a set of rears from a Power wagon with the 4:56 already in there with lockers. I even asked a question about it on this forum. But I searched the hell out of it to find out if it had been asked and answered yet, and to my surprize it was not. So I did some homework and now I know basically everything there is to know about the Power Wagon Axles. Where they are made,who made them,who made the lockers,how the lockers work (not the best in the world but they will do for me) But I digress. I know how to change gears. I know all the tricks with shimming this and to torque that. I learned by doing not taking it to a shop. I get my hands dirty from time to time. My philosophy is see one,do one,teach one. Now as for the money issue,not even gonna go there. In none of my posts that I have ever posted in any forum in this great big WWW. Have I ever spoke about how much money I have. That’s a thing that RICERS do. Bling-Bling…

Add another post. How many do I have to have before I can really start bitching?

Old 03-31-2009, 11:23 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by philipb
nice truck raminator. redram and hammer gave me that link to get the build sheet. they respond pretty darn quick!
hey thanks
btw, how long did it take for them to respond

Old 03-31-2009, 11:30 PM
philipb
Rookie

alpheus i almost take that as an apology! lol. look i really think we got off to a bad start. i dont know about you but my day started off pissy. i know quite a bit about trucks and cars but hate to put my foot in my mouth and sound like an idiot. i have actually built hot rods with my dad who was a chrysler mechanic way back in the day. but im not anything more than a frontyard mechanic who doesnt have time but did just sell his powerjoke and has extra money to pay someone to quickly put in gears. i say quickly because im not quick. i would love to try and install gears again but the first time didnt work out well and i cant afford the down time. like i said before by the end of the year ill get a ctd and haul with that but for now im actually having fun with this gas engine. for the record i hate ricers. i used to have a sticker that said uncle ben is pissed your ruining his rice. i know i should search more and i have learned more in a week by being on threads than talking to the locals. i will in the future search but if i dont find MY answer im gonna post. fair? again forgive me for being rude and childish and lets try and help eachother and others in the future. yeah i know yall are saying " man this guy is gay" well up yours LOL

Quick Reply: 4:10 vs 4:56