3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

fire and ice led bar light quick ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 06:14 PM
Heavy_Sack
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fire and ice led bar light quick ?

instructions says

"the white wire connects to + signal to facotry reseverse lights"

how do I know what wire that is?

Old 03-31-2009, 06:26 PM
nohillbilly

Use a test light to see which wire going to the reverse lights is "hot" when your truck is in reverse.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:08 PM
04-fourseven
Record Breaker

test light is your friend. All I know is, Im jealous of your light strip. POST PICS WHEN INSTALLED!

Old 03-31-2009, 11:20 PM
Heavy_Sack
Professional

$51.50 = don't be jelious my friend

ebay auction number 220380473933

Old 03-31-2009, 11:29 PM
JMB3384
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the pic it looks like you have the factory trailer tow package... if so then you should have a flat 4 pin connector underneith. The light bar you got should have flat 4 pin connector too. All you have to do is plug it right in. That is unless you are really wanting to hard wire it. You can still use the outside plug with an adapter for your towing. I used to have one of the first light bars they came out with that didn't have the reverse lights so I am not sure of reverse hook up. I would just take out one of your tail lights, use a light tester like "nohillbilly" said to find your hot. Be sure to use your E-brake though when you have it in reverse lol! To be on the safe side you might want to have someone help you out so you don't accidentally run yourself over. All in all it should be an easy hook up though. Good luck!

Last edited by JMB3384; 03-31-2009 at 11:31 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:52 PM
Heavy_Sack
Professional

the fire and ice come with the 4 prong plug in and one white wire. I have it hooked it up but don't know where to put this white wire yet.

Old 04-01-2009, 12:18 AM
DodgeThunder
Veteran

My ram came with the 4 prong trailer hook up and the 7 prong to. the 7 prong has a wire going to it that does the reverse lights on the trailer.. that would be your easiest way.. or if you dont have the 7 prong then when I wired one up in my brothers truck I ran the reverse light wire up to the drivers side taillight and wired it into the wire that puts on your reverse lights inside your taillights.. With a test like you should be able to figure out what wire it is in a matter of seconds.. but the 7 prong is the easiest cause its right there in the middle of your bumper...

Old 04-01-2009, 04:48 AM
JMB3384
Professional

Just be sure to use the electrical lubericant and you should shrink wrap and connections you have to make to prevent corrosion. I had an issue with corrosion so i had to go back and redue it, included part of the wires leading inside the light fixture. That was one reason why I though maybe a tail light was a good idea, a little less exposure to the harsh weather conditions. the new improved lights should be better quality now but if you start to get some moisture inside your Fire & Ice light, check all your wires leading to it, take off each end of the assembly if possible, dry it out and when sealing it back up (just on the end caps), use a chaulk like material that wont affect the circuits inside and let it dry off of the truck.

Just some inside stuff incase you run into these problems. I have heard these are semi common issues depending on the brand of lights. I will be looking into getting one of these soon. I hope you got the 60" to light up the road lol!

Old 04-01-2009, 07:07 AM
hugekikd 2007
Veteran

i could take a look at mine and tell you

Old 04-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Heavy_Sack
Professional

i getting a test light tomorrow or friday and putting it on. I have the basic part plugged in to the 4 prong and it working fine. I want to say it the white wire with a green strip but yet to see. I should have it by this weekend and pics up for viewing....

Yes it the 60" one

Quick Reply: fire and ice led bar light quick ?