3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

power rear window

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 12:18 AM
raminator08
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oefootball_70
I have never heard of that?

but here is it

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/diy-do-...int7-hemi.html
i think he wants the entire window to slide down like in the tundras and not just the sliding window to the side
something like this
http://www.roadfly.com/new-cars/wp-c...ack-Window.jpg
my dad has a tundra but we never slide it down. i really dont think its that useful unless you want to blast some music at innocent bystanders lol

Old 04-03-2009, 12:25 AM
xill
Captain

yeah the raminator is right on the money. thats exactly what i want. though the power sliding window would be a definate alternative, i'd prefer to keep the clean look and more "openess" of sliding the entire window down. i could care less about blasting music though :P but i do spend alot of time at the beach and cruising the blvds on the hot summer nights (which are only a month away now) so the more sun and breeze i can get into my cabin the better i feel which is why i'm also looking into a super-large power sunroof to be added at the same time. the most air i can get, without disrupting the truck's structural integrity, the better

Old 04-03-2009, 12:29 AM
raminator08
Record Breaker

you could always get a nice open top jeep wrangler, they are great for beaches
and you could support the brand at the same time

Old 04-03-2009, 12:39 AM
xill
Captain

lol yeah that is one way to go, but i think the mods on the truck would be a bit cheaper than another vehicle, plus im running out of room in the driveway

Old 04-03-2009, 03:29 AM
JMB3384
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think its a great idea but there are things you need to think about. I mean don't get me wrong I would get it if it was an option! Basically no matter how you look at it... it would be an aftermarket, fabbed up install. I have heard many storries about things leaking and damaging interior and possibly electrical in your truck from just aftermarket sunroofs. I was thinking about putting a sunroof in my truck since it didn't come with it but I backed down due to the fact I don't want to take a chance on having to spend more money for repairs in the future. Not saying they all have problems cause some of them work out well but if your going to spend a ton of money putting in the mod you want you would be furious if it did happen. Its your choice but I would stick to a factory power sliding rear window kit. Hey all your windows roll all the way down already plus you will have the luxury of hitting a button for your factory power sliding window lol! I bought my 06' used and luckily it already had it in from the factory along with my sport center console. Must have been a specaial order truck or something when it was new idk. If you end up doing it though you should post the results, I'd like to hear about it!

Last edited by JMB3384; 04-03-2009 at 03:32 AM.

Quick Reply: power rear window