3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

time to give credit where credit is due

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 03:56 AM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default time to give credit where credit is due

In today's society its hard to find any businesses that really put the customer first. More often than not, it seems businesses are trying anything to void warranties, make the customer liable, etc. The only purpose for this post is to give credit where credit is due. there are a few good businesses out there and I will mention two of them here.

#1 -- Bob Miller from Moesperformance.com. Many of you are fans of Bob, and if you arent, its probably because you dont know him or havent done business with the man in any transaction that wasnt flawless. I ordered a set of JetHot 1300 ceramic coated LT Pacesetters nearly 2 months ago from him. To make a long story short, JetHot dropped the ball BIG TIME and I still havent gotten the headers. Even though the fault is not even remotely Bob's, he's taking the hit for it and doing anything he can to make me a happy customer. Before asking me, he already told JetHot to coat them in 1800 degree coating and as soon as they're finished they're being overnighted to me.

Even though Bob wasnt at fault at all, he knew the real meaning of "customer service" and took a hit for someone else's mistake to make the customer happy (even though I was never upset at Bob). So please, next time you're in the market for something, buy from Bob and moesperformance.com.

#2 -- Advanced Automotive in Buellton, CA. A few weeks ago I had this shop put in my 4.56 gears and LSD. While they had the front end apart I had them go ahead and replace the CV boots which were cracked and needing replaced anyway (saved about 3hrs in labor by doing it at the same time). Last week I decided to take the truck runnin in the riverbed. Later in the week I crawled under to have a look at things and noticed the Pass. side CV boot wasnt even attached anymore and all the bearings were caked with grease/sand. I called up Advanced and they said to bring it by. I took it by today and the manager immediately took the blame for it and rather than go on the defensive, his initial reaction was "how can we fix this". Without me even asking, he told me he'd order new boots and everything and fix it no charge. he's also ordering a whole new axle shaft just in case the bearings are messed up at all...free of charge.

Sorry for such a long post, but after so many people gettin jipped by auto shops and stuff I thought I'd take the time to publicly recognize 2 businesses with SUPERIOR customer service that really know what it means to serve.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:21 AM
09W3500
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I'm not in business but I like reading posts like this. These people have character and the rest of the world oughta know it!

Old 04-04-2009, 10:58 AM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

Good post......gives props when you can!

Old 04-04-2009, 11:03 AM
dedogg
Record Breaker

Yeah good post, there are still some business out there that help their customers (not many). Glad things worked out for ya..

Old 04-04-2009, 12:06 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Right on...I knew bob is a great guy but it's very nice to see shops owning up to their work. If i'm ever in Buellton i'll have something done there.

Old 04-04-2009, 01:12 PM
Hoss356
Captain

Moesperformance.com just got bookmarked for future orders.

Old 04-04-2009, 01:19 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

I'd also like to add Lance from http://airflowinnovationscorp.com/. I have never dealt with anyone who cares more about their customers then him. How many business owners will take time out of their busy days to personally talk to you about your order?

Old 04-04-2009, 01:43 PM
abarmby
Champion

Bob at Moe's performance and also Timothy Garza from HID solutions.
Both, especially Tim, go the extra mile.
Being in the UK, I have no affiliation to either of these businesses and people but, I wouldn't hesitate to offer my personal support or customer feedback to any one of them.
They gave me first rate first class cutomer service, I long thought had gone.
Al.

Old 04-04-2009, 03:54 PM
V_Scapes
Record Breaker

as a small business owner myself, i know that the best way to re pay good shops or companies like that is to give a referral anytime you can. word of mouth is the best way to gain new customers.

Quick Reply: time to give credit where credit is due