3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Noise and/or clunks when shifting

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 08:24 PM
Kane
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise and/or clunks when shifting

hey guys. my 2007 Ram has about 40k on it and Ive been noticing a kinda grind sound when I shift from "park" into "reverse" and than it clunks into "drive" or back into "park"

I know this seems to be a common complaint Ive been reading but seems I cant find any info on identified causes to the problem.

Im concerned about it and just my luck I bought the truck before the July date when they came out with lifetime powertrain warranty.

anyone have experience with this?

Old 04-07-2009, 01:40 AM
Ironsleeve318
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been noticing it getting WORSE! Haha. I have an 06 4.7L That has been doing the same thing for more than a year now and when I take it for the dealership to look at they tell me it's "normal". I can't recall the warranty but I only have about 19K miles on it so I'm sure with my luck it's the 24,000K or 24 Months kind of deal. But they do (as do I) having record of me taking it in for that specific reason.

Quick Reply: Noise and/or clunks when shifting