3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need new upper control arm with leveling kit ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 08:05 PM
mudfred
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I juste bought The rancho kit fort my 01dakota and torsion key to lift my truck but The uoper control arm toutch The shox and his stopper. Than The shox can't Go to full lenght . as i see i need new upper control arm ....
But where can i find it?

Old 03-07-2020, 02:42 PM
david flores

Originally Posted by Payne09
Hey bro, you need the upper control arm to correct your geometry to be able to align your truck, and to keep your rack and pinion and sway bar and sway bar end links at the factory and recommended level..... i bought, what was supposed to be a 3" coil spring lift, but it was a 6" spring, bought some new upper control arms but they are for 2-4 inches of lift not 6, but it cost me 1000 dollars to fix all the crap it broke, and it never aligned right..... but if you get just a 2 or 2 1/2 inch leveler and upper control arms you'll be set, but if you want a 3" lift without anything extra get a 3" spindle lift. if you do this the ride is as smooth as all get out and you will actually save money for a better and bigger lift... lol but if you got any questions about lift for a dodge ram 1500 2wd i got just about all the answers you need lol cuz i had about the same problem, and ive been researching this lift stuff for about 6 months and finnaly just got what i needed. but hopefully this answered your questions later bro hit me up with some feed back....
I got a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 and just did my leveling kit and it hits a little bit we’re would I find the upper control arms and do I need them

Old 03-07-2020, 08:38 PM
david flores
Default Questio

Originally Posted by 74charger
OK so I recently asked if I needed llonger shocks for the 2.5 inch leveling kit i bought for my 2003 2wd 1500. I didnt really get a totally clear answer so I decided to call Daystar and ask them. I got even worse news from them, they said i would need a new upper control arm to make this leveling kit fit. But I know I've seen guys on here with the same kit and I'm doubting you guys got new upper sontrol arms. So I guess im asking first did you need an upper control arm ? and if not how did you get the srping back in? cus the guy said it would be extremely hard and he didn't really even understand how most ppl could do it.
and can I use 2500 upper control arm to get clearance

Old 03-08-2020, 10:47 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,176 Likes on 2,929 Posts

2500's are solid axle front suspension, so, control arms will not be interchangeable.

Did the leveling kit include a note/disclaimer that you would need upper control arms as well?? Seems to me, that if it doesn't say that in the ad, then, it shouldn't need them.

Old 03-08-2020, 01:38 PM
david flores

Originally Posted by HeyYou
2500's are solid axle front suspension, so, control arms will not be interchangeable.

Did the leveling kit include a note/disclaimer that you would need upper control arms as well?? Seems to me, that if it doesn't say that in the ad, then, it shouldn't need them.
no it didn’t say anything about the control arms but the upper is hitting the shock tower and the truck is kinda bouncy

Old 03-09-2020, 11:34 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,176 Likes on 2,929 Posts

Can you post a pic?

Old 10-08-2023, 09:58 PM
tazdude65

Originally Posted by david flores
no it didn’t say anything about the control arms but the upper is hitting the shock tower and the truck is kinda bouncy
Did you ever find upper control arm? I have same problem with my 03 and I can't find any

Quick Reply: Need new upper control arm with leveling kit ???