3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

"Raminator08, I can see your future"

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 03:56 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Got_Hemi44
Actually I'm pretty sure it was over 70% of non commercial ram owners don't buy their trucks for haul/tow. Dodge relys on comfort, power, and good looks to sell their trucks, not towing capability's.

Do you have a size 16 shoe? I had a 2003 328 CI and i had to literally lift my legs in and out. Just use the truck as a daily driver and the cars for pleasure. The *** up look on trucks is so they have room for movement when towing. I never tow anything, so I'm putting 2" drop on the rear to level it. My truck is undergoing a overhaul right now. If it were a 2wd, I'd put a 2-4 drop.

This truck is a 4wd with a 2-4

a size 16 shoe? damn, you got some big feet. you know what they say about guys with big feet Lol jk
Actually, most of the people who do buy a Ram dont haul with it. In fact, 80% of the rams i see on the road dont even have a tow hitch. i have one and at least ive hauled stuff with it.

Old 04-10-2009, 04:47 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Size 16 for 6'3". Damn. We can call you Mr. Clownfeet..hehehe j/k. My buddy is 6'2" and has a 14, but he's a big dude weighing in at 310. Lots of muscle and a beer belly.I have a size 12 shoe/13 boot. i did have to remove my seat in my mustang to move it back 1.5" so I didn't feel like a grass hopper..lol Never understood why Ford did that to the mustangs? Camaros sit back really far.
Raminator, I do ALOT of towing/hauling, but correct, last weekend with the NY clay all over my truck assured me i won't be going offroad anytime soon. My truck rarely leave the yard without stuff in the bed or a trailer hooked to it. otherwise i use my grocery getter(95 stratus) for daily commute. My wife hate that car. First time in it she was like...No power windows? i laughed and called her spoiled. Ohh, when we got out I said I'll hit the key fobb to lock the manual locks tooo...hehehehe
Not 1 problem since i bought it 2yrs ago for $500 at the auction.

My truck goes to jobsites and to the hardware store. I think I may have driven it once for pleasure because I get sick of shifting in the car. I considermy truck a true work truck although I keep it impecable inside/out. I own a Pro Detail shop so it's kind of a must for all my cars.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:39 PM
JohnnysArt
All Star

Originally Posted by Hoss356
Hey Johnny, work on the reflections next time and I'll be really impressed.
Thank man --your right actually. I'll work on it.

Originally Posted by mopar6spd
Nice work Johnny... Photoshop Pro!

Man I love the black eyelids on those headlights. If I had those style lights, Thad be my first mod!
Thank you sir.

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Good work Johnny, you do nice work. Raminator, your truck would look good with a drop. I like the look of that chop Johnny did.
Thanks, I'm still learning. Done lots of trial and error.

johnny.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:46 PM
mfs212
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep up the good work.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Ridinhigh
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dirtydog
There's a lot more luxury and sports handling cars that come equipt with far more for the dollar than a truck would. My personal opinon is that trucks are for work or Offroad. Not to bop around town in or race up/down the highway.

I can see lowering maybe 2" to drop the back level with the front, but not a full out body slam. That just looks stupid. Actually any body slam looks stupid IMO. All cars look stealth with a 1-1.5" fender/tire gap and trucks look nice with 2-3" fender gap. Anything less is silly and lumber wagon ride...lol
What about truck racing they go just as fast as nascar cars some people like the looks of trucks and want to go fast at the same time why you gotta be putting people down for there choices some people dont like lifted trucks either. You have your opinion and it should be kept to your self

Old 04-10-2009, 06:00 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Ridinhigh
What about truck racing they go just as fast as nascar cars some people like the looks of trucks and want to go fast at the same time why you gotta be putting people down for there choices some people dont like lifted trucks either. You have your opinion and it should be kept to your self
+1
you shouldnt bash something just because you dont like it. as long as they like it, they can do whatever they want
personally, i think trucks look way better than cars

Old 04-10-2009, 06:28 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by Ridinhigh
Ohh, hick racing you mean....lol I'm not a fan of any kind of Nascar. car/truck/Indy. Just boring to me.

I wasn't putting anyone down. i was just stating my opinion, there's a difference. people do come on here for opinions and if there's something I don't like i share as well.
Bashing someone is saying they are stupid and retarded for doing something. My opinion isn't of that nature. Sure my opinion can be cruel sometimes but, Most of us are MEN and can weed through the stubborn people....hehehehe

Most people think Hydraulics on a Monte Carlo with teeny tiny wire wheels that stick out 3" from the fender is ridiculous, but the minority that created that stuff love it. Everyone's got an opinion and whether they share it or not is their choice as long as they aren't degrading. Sometimes I can be a little, but it's more of the wording that gets put into context because we aren't face to face to see each others reactions. So, hooooooold up horsey. calm down and sip a cold one. As I was taught in Jamaica....No Problem Mon.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:18 PM
JohnnysArt
All Star

Ohh, hick racing you mean....lol I'm not a fan of any kind of Nascar. car/truck/Indy. Just boring to me.

I wasn't putting anyone down. i was just stating my opinion, there's a difference. people do come on here for opinions and if there's something I don't like i share as well.
Bashing someone is saying they are stupid and retarded for doing something. My opinion isn't of that nature. Sure my opinion can be cruel sometimes but, Most of us are MEN and can weed through the stubborn people....hehehehe

Most people think Hydraulics on a Monte Carlo with teeny tiny wire wheels that stick out 3" from the fender is ridiculous, but the minority that created that stuff love it. Everyone's got an opinion and whether they share it or not is their choice as long as they aren't degrading. Sometimes I can be a little, but it's more of the wording that gets put into context because we aren't face to face to see each others reactions. So, hooooooold up horsey. calm down and sip a cold one. As I was taught in Jamaica....No Problem Mon.
Its all good man, I figured it was your opinion and I'm not offended hell I like both trucks lowered and lifted and would like to lift mine in the future. And I would like a 2x4 to lower also.

I love the old Mopar muscle and the new Challenger.

johnny.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:53 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

group hug????....lmao j/k

I'm too man-ly in my own ways for that crap!

Old 04-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by raminator08
a size 16 shoe? damn, you got some big feet. you know what they say about guys with big feet Lol jk
Big socks!

Size 16 for 6'3". Damn. We can call you Mr. Clownfeet..hehehe j/k. My buddy is 6'2" and has a 14, but he's a big dude weighing in at 310. Lots of muscle and a beer belly.I have a size 12 shoe/13 boot. i did have to remove my seat in my mustang to move it back 1.5" so I didn't feel like a grass hopper..lol Never understood why Ford did that to the mustangs? Camaros sit back really far.
Yea i do have big feet for my size. I play high school football and have to order all my cleats online. I don't have a beer belly........yet

Don't get me wrong, i love lifted trucks just as much as i love street trucks. If i had a quad cab I'd lift it in a heart beat.

Quick Reply: "Raminator08, I can see your future"