3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

foglights and highbeams on at the same time? (i know its on here somewhere)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 11:44 PM
cheapbeater
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default foglights and highbeams on at the same time? (i know its on here somewhere)

i want to do the mod that lets the foglights stay on when the highbeams are on. I have read a bunch of posts on it, but i want pictures!! the only ones i have found are [img]blablablabla[img] and i cant open those. if someone could put up actual pics or tell me how to open these dam things i would really appreciate it.
thanks

Old 04-11-2009, 11:53 PM
AK Rover
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do a google search for it. There are kits on the market to allow you do it. I would think it wouldn't take much more than a relay, some wire and possibly a diode. I haven't looked into that closely but I know I have seen the kits while browsing for other stuff.

Old 04-12-2009, 01:14 AM
we_the_unforgiven
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 04-12-2009, 01:51 AM
dodgenitto
Record Breaker

I just put a jumper wire from my parking lights to my fog lights that way my fog lights will come on anytime my parking lights are on and therefore they will be on when my high beams on. I know several people that have done just a jumper wire and been fine, but just to play it on the safe side I put an inline fuse.

Edit; 10-16-2011 I still have the jumper wire and fuse and have never had any issues what so ever!!

Last edited by dodgenitto; 10-16-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:16 AM
AK Rover
Rookie

The inline fuse is a good idea. You can never be too safe when dealing with electricity.

I forgot about Geno's Garage. They specialize in Cummins powered Dodges but some things they sell, such as the fogster kit, fit all Dodges. I ordered from Geno's when I had my Cummins and they're a good company to deal with.

Dodgenitto - the way you have your jumper wire do you have the option of turning on your high beams without the fogs? Seems like your jumper bypasses the switch.

I personally think Dodge got it right when they wired the fogs to go off when the high beams come on. If I need more light than my high beams provide I hae a set of Lightforce driving lights to take up the slack.

Last edited by AK Rover; 04-12-2009 at 02:20 AM.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:48 AM
bushwacker

i think the dealership can program the system for the driving lights to stay on with hi beams read it on this forum awhile ago.

Old 04-12-2009, 03:47 PM
AK Rover
Rookie

Originally Posted by bushwacker
i think the dealership can program the system for the driving lights to stay on with hi beams read it on this forum awhile ago.
I searched this forum and googled it and everything I have read is that the dealer won't or can't do it. You can always talk to the service advisor at your local dealer but I wouldn't get my hopes too high. I really don't think the fog lights on with the high beams is an option already in the computer that can just be turned on but I could be wrong.

Old 04-12-2009, 03:56 PM
dodgenitto
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by AK Rover

Dodgenitto - the way you have your jumper wire do you have the option of turning on your high beams without the fogs? Seems like your jumper bypasses the switch.
No The fogs are on with the high beams all the time. I prefer it that way.

Old 04-13-2009, 02:51 AM
cheapbeater
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgenitto
I just put a jumper wire from my parking lights to my fog lights that way my fog lights will come on anytime my parking lights are on and therefore they will be on when my high beams on. I know several people that have done just a jumper wire and been fine, but just to play it on the safe side I put an inline fuse.

exactly what i was looking for! thanks nitto!

Old 04-13-2009, 09:32 AM
flwalks
Professional

Its easy with a relay, fuse and wire. This isolates the electrical system of the high beams from the fog lights and protects the factory wiring from overload. Will post a drawing/pic of it later if I get a chance. Fogs are on when the high beams are on. May add a switch so I can turn them off if I want. Just a little more wire and a switch

Last edited by flwalks; 04-13-2009 at 09:35 AM.

Quick Reply: foglights and highbeams on at the same time? (i know its on here somewhere)