3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Pics of my grill finally

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 11:56 AM
ried69
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
So how do you really feel about his grill
Where I go for chiropractor appointments, the doctor has a Lincoln. Every time I go, I have to walk by that truck. Everytime, I see the vertical grille. Then I see the headlights and all that, which is of a Ford. So everytime I see it, I see a Ford in that truck, and also in his.

Originally Posted by Got_Hemi44
This is coming from a guy who would actually pay to drive a chevy, the auto worlds bitch
Why yes, I would pay to drive a Chevy. Had I got the Chevy that I was looking at before my Dodge, I'd have a lower mileage truck, with better mpgs and damn near the same power. Plus I wouldn't have had to sink all the money into that one that I had to in my truck. My truck has already had well over $2K put into it since I've had it.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:13 PM
Ben D.
Champion

ok so before buying the dodge you knew the chevy would be better because of the reasons you said in ur post.... and yet you still purchased a dodge...... EPIC LOGIC FAIL!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-15-2009, 01:16 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ried69
Why yes, I would pay to drive a Chevy. Had I got the Chevy that I was looking at before my Dodge, I'd have a lower mileage truck, with better mpgs and damn near the same power. Plus I wouldn't have had to sink all the money into that one that I had to in my truck. My truck has already had well over $2K put into it since I've had it.
so you knew you would have to put money in the dodge and yet you bought it?? how do you know the chevy wouldnt have to be the same thing? low miles dont always mean good...

Old 04-15-2009, 01:19 PM
Ben D.
Champion

epic posting of same thing within minutes of each other lol. my new word is epic I like it

Old 04-15-2009, 01:26 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Ben D.
epic posting of same thing within minutes of each other lol. my new word is epic I like it
must have been typing at the same time lol

Old 04-15-2009, 04:14 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

1st: that's not epic, that's a coincidence
2nd: The word "Epic" was big like 2 years ago. Like saying "I'm going to hit you with an epidemic" It's old
3rd: It got old due to high school kids using to describe things that weren't epic.
4th: gm actually building a high quality vehicle would be a way to describe an "Epic" event.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:40 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

ok so before buying the dodge you knew the chevy would be better because of the reasons you said in ur post.... and yet you still purchased a dodge...... EPIC LOGIC FAIL!!!!!!!!!
I was going to buy the Chevy, but that one was $1500 more than my Dodge was. My mom didn't want me to spend that much on a vehicle at that time. And the Chevy was a one owner, and the guy selling it had done regular maintenance done on it every 3k miles. It was brought to his shop.So on this one, low miles did mean a lot for it. Mostly highway, blankets still laying on the backseats preserving that new car smell. And between buying the Dodge and the Chevy, there was a little over a month in between looking at both of the vehicles. When I bought the Dodge, I didn't know that it would need the money put into it. The $1600 came because it was a tuneup, and suggested by our mechanic.
And Got Hemi, the world is now filled with epic, because GM has built the GMC, Caddilac, Chevy, just to name a few vehicles of high quality. Epic would be like Dodge finally getting their silver paint right. Apparently they still have problems.
And had I been able to see the future and tell the money that I had invested in the Dodge, I would've gone with the Chevy over this one. If I had their old 5.7L, I could do a few mods to it to make it blow my truck out of the water.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:25 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

On the subject of chevies, we knew a guy who bought a brand new chevy and on the way back from the dealer, it broke down. lmao. i heard about a similar story for a Ford too. as you can see, im in a dodge. On the other hand, my friend has a 15 year old ram with over 200k that has been in his family the whole time and it never broke down once.

man, im gone for a couple days and people start bashing my grill lol. jeez, doesnt anyone here have any manners? im glad though that there are at least some people here with enough courtesy to stand up for my rights

Last edited by raminator08; 04-15-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:27 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

chevy sucks. redone and 04 know my story. absolutely killed one the day.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:03 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
chevy sucks. redone and 04 know my story. absolutely killed one the day.
So far, the only truck to completely die on our farm has been a Dodge. The other truck with problems was the ring and pinion fried on my uncle's Chevy, but he pulled the sh*t out of that thing. Until he got his 3500, he actually put a fifth wheel on that thing, and pulled his cattle trailer with that. That truck was a 1500.
My stepdad has a 2500 with almost 200K miles on it, and that thing has given him one problem, no one knows what happened. My brother has a Chevy with a lot over 200K miles on it, and that thing has given him few problems. My grandpa has an '05 Dodge with about 30K miles on it. He swore that thing was a lemon. It gave him so many problems. His battery was always draining on it for no reason. A family member has an '04-'05 Dodge, and he won't drive that thing anymore hardly. For the drive he does, he has horrible fuel mileage. Long straight away at a higher speed, and around 9 mpg. Someone my uncle knows had a brand new Dodge. I believe it was an '03-'04. 2500 with a Hemi. He traded that thing for the same Chevy with a 6.0, and has never regretted it. The power is just as good, and much much better mpgs. My uncle has a 2500 4-door 6.0 Chevy, and that thing has great power. Not a single problem, and he gets better fuel mileage than I do. And he uses that thing primarily for pulling trailers. So yea, we've had more than enough actual comparison between vehicles. We aren't some people who just make jackassed comparisons of vehicles when they've only used one type. The Chevy's have always been better. All of our Chevys have all of their paint, the Dodge is the only one that it's peeled off on. The Chevy has taken a bull to the fender multiple times, and it's left a dent, not that big. The Dodge took one, and that thing looks like another wheel well. That truck is a '92 I believe.

Quick Reply: Pics of my grill finally