3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

removing dent from chrome bumper

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 02:30 PM
05hemipwrd
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default removing dent from chrome bumper

so the damn gf was driving my truck and rear ended a ford f150...im sure she had good intentions, after all it was a ford anyways, she ended up hitting the tow ball and put a dent in my bumper about the size of a softball. not only is it dented but now its not flush with the fender so im not sure if its more than the bumper. my question is can i hit the dent out or will it mess up the chrome? i really dont have extra money for a new bumper and definitely dont want to go through my insurance for something so small

Old 04-17-2009, 02:50 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

You may be able to get back the and hammer it out. Just make sure you don't stretch the metal by hammering it too far. That will hurt the finish and it will rust. I would use a heavy rubber hammer or mallet if you can. Or a big sledge hammer. The bigger the surface area the better. Think of it like trying to pop it out with a pencil...lol

Quick Reply: removing dent from chrome bumper