3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help me make my Ram beatiful again

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 11:50 AM
V10Venom
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my opinion you could make the truck look great. I would put the SRT-10 hood on it, sport bumpers, and grill. Get rid of all of the chrome. Then paint the truck a flat black, tint the windows and lights, debadge it, and then put some nice 20" rims and wide tires under it. I would probably go chrome to offset all of the black. Put some nice dual pipes coming out of the back and that truck would look awesome. I know how to build 'em, but don't know how to afford them

Old 04-24-2009, 12:24 PM
mfs212
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speaking of getting rid of all the chrome, I am i the process of painting all of my chrome. I have finished the front bumper, grill, and sidesteps. I will post pictures as soon as I wash her. Actually, I think I am going downstairs right now to do that.....pics to come in a few hours after a wash/clay bar/wax....

Old 04-27-2009, 01:51 AM
Hot RODerick
Default Fresh Paint

whatever u do start with a fresh coat of paint..it always motivates u to do something else to your vehicle. go black baby!

Old 05-04-2009, 02:12 PM
Docwhitley
Rookie
Default I Know how you feel

I am in the same boat as you... I have a 2004 RCLB that I got a great deal on so I am trying to figure out what I can do to get it presentable to the point that I am happy... So far I am still in the picking it apart stage... 1-This week end I spent about 3 hours with I block of Dry ice getting dents out... That was fun to run around the truck for a few hours
2-Next will be polishing the lights... I hope that will make them halfway decent... If not I will be installing fogs... Behind the grill if legal if not then in the factory location.
3- I got a nasty dent on the rear corner of the cab I want to get fixed- The I will probably do A trim piece that is Black around the botton...

Other things i am going to do that you may or may not be interested in...
4- Larger tires- Probably will stay with the factory 17's if i can find a spare since mine was stolen
5- Level it (but does this affect handling?)
6- Installing power windows
7- Trying to decide wether to shave the badges or paint the black
8- Door handles may also be shaved but I have not decided on that completely yet
9- Nerf bars- This will probably be moved up on the list because of physical problems and a short wife
10- Shaving the Handles on the tailgate or actually more likely just moving the handle to the inside of the tail gate.

Most of this is cosmetic crap after i am done that i will decide what to do for better handling and more muscle

Quick Reply: Help me make my Ram beatiful again