3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help me make my Ram beatiful again

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 05:12 PM
CanadianRam02
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help make my Ram beatiful again

Ok so here is my 02 Ram 1500 4.7. I beat the hell out of this poor truck and was just planning on tossing it. But after seeing how tough this truck was and the fact that it has never let me down ever, I've decided to give her a new lease on life.

Now, seeing that it is a long box, style wise I feel very limited. I love the look of a raised short box or even an ext cab with nice beefy tires on it. I think jacking this truck up would look silly..I know that this body style lends itself nicely to the street custom scene, but personally I think lowered trucks look...well, stupid.

So what can I do? Paint? Rims? Raise? Lower? What would make this truck look great? I see a lot of you have awesome looking Rams, however I havent seen any this style. Help me please...

I saw a chap on here do his truck flat black, thought that was interesting. Anyone in here interested in doing a super quick photoshop? Raised offroad tires flat black? Just a thought.

Thanks DF members, You have saved this truck's life!

Last edited by CanadianRam02; 04-23-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:51 PM
irelandshemi
All Star

matte black

Old 04-23-2009, 09:06 PM
dodge it then ram it
Veteran

Yeah, not many rclb's on here. Hell, I say lift it and install a barbeque grill on theback of it. Sorry, I'm from the South Pacific and that's we do, party and barbeque.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:44 PM
hemiguy0302
Record Breaker

IMO that truck could be made to look good with few dollars. I would start by leveling the suspension meaning bring the front up to the rear height and put some 33 inch tires on those wheels this will help. If you do decide to go with paint go with a flat colour its kinda unique try a flat red or alove green with some black steelies that would look cool and if the paint was applied deecently then it should hold up over time well and be low maintenance

Old 04-23-2009, 09:56 PM
JohnnysArt
All Star

Level it and add some 35's.

johnny.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:14 PM
Riccs22
Rookie

my freind has one sigle cab with the long bed except its deisal he raised it 6" and threw some big tires on it. It looks really good. except with the 4.7 i believe you said u had if you throw big tires on it, itll strain your motor you might feel light on power

Old 04-23-2009, 10:38 PM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

Id also add a cowl hood. They make anything look good. Nice rims, exhaust, black headlights.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:32 PM
CanadianRam02

Originally Posted by hemiguy0302
IMO that truck could be made to look good with few dollars. I would start by leveling the suspension meaning bring the front up to the rear height and put some 33 inch tires on those wheels this will help. If you do decide to go with paint go with a flat colour its kinda unique try a flat red or alove green with some black steelies that would look cool and if the paint was applied deecently then it should hold up over time well and be low maintenance

I like this, the only problem is that I'm in the army so if I show up with a matte olive green truck, I might get laughed at. lol, I'd laugh at me too...

I really think a matte dark red or blue would be very interesting. What is involved in leveling? Is putting 33's on just that easy?

I'm not too concerned about the power loss I would feel with larger tires, I drive like an old lady anyway.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:37 PM
Redone4x4
Record Breaker

I think RCLBs look cool. thats what started the whole pick up truck thing back in the 30's, right? level it or lift it, and 35"s will make that one stout lookin rig. tint the windows n be proud of it! haha.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:38 PM
davb673
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree. Level the truck. If you want different wheels, get factory 17s or get aftermarket 20s (like Centerline Stingrays). Factory 20s weigh too much. Paint? I like my Inferno Red. It gets a lot of compliments. You might want to see about getting the paint buffed, or take some time with some polishing compound to get rid of swirls and scratches... Is it paid for? One more reason to keep it!

Quick Reply: Help me make my Ram beatiful again