3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Looking for gear install shop in the Virginia Beach Area

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 08:49 PM
pdavis53
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for gear install shop in the Virginia Beach Area

Just as the title says I am looking for a good install shop. The local offroad shops do not install gears and the shop they referred me to apparentley closed down. Does anyone know where I can find a good shop? If not, can any one tell me where I might look for a shop? Like what kinda shop to look for. Any input would be great thanks.

Old 04-25-2009, 09:10 PM
Alpheus
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pdavis53
Just as the title says I am looking for a good install shop. The local offroad shops do not install gears and the shop they referred me to apparentley closed down. Does anyone know where I can find a good shop? If not, can any one tell me where I might look for a shop? Like what kinda shop to look for. Any input would be great thanks.
I know that Eastern does gears but they are the most expensive. My favorite and cheapest is Pungo but I dont know if they do gears and I just found High Dust havent been there yet but I have heard good things...
http://www.pungoautoparts.com/pungo%20II/default.aspx

http://www.etaoffroad.com/

http://www.boss-wheels.com/index5.htm

Old 04-25-2009, 09:18 PM
pdavis53
All Star

Thanks for the reply, ingore the PM that I sent you. I have heard of ETA but I have never heard of the other two shops I will check into them thanks.

Old 04-25-2009, 09:42 PM
dodge it then ram it
Veteran

There is a shop on J Clyde Morris blvd called offroad innovations. Be sure to talk them down though cuz they will start high. This shop is in the Yorktown area since I saw you live up there. If you still want to go to Virginia beach then it will be Pungo. They highly recommended.

Old 04-25-2009, 09:53 PM
pdavis53
All Star

Originally Posted by dodge it then ram it
There is a shop on J Clyde Morris blvd called offroad innovations. Be sure to talk them down though cuz they will start high. This shop is in the Yorktown area since I saw you live up there. If you still want to go to Virginia beach then it will be Pungo. They highly recommended.
Yeah they have moved to Rte 17 and I went there. They where one of the shops that referred me to the shop that is closed. They told me they didn't do gears. That was a few months ago maybe I should stop by again and see if they got a new tech in. I'll let you know what they say.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:12 PM
dodge it then ram it
Veteran

They started doing gears within the past 3 months I think. Careful if you go there though. They wanted to charge me $700 to do my gears. THATS IF I SUPPLIED THE GEARS AND INSTALL KIT. I pretty much told him to shove it

Old 04-25-2009, 10:21 PM
pdavis53
All Star

I think I will call Pungo on Monday. I found the gears I want off from Moe's they are 4.56's front and rear with the Timken master install kit for $600 Shipped. I am hoping to get them in for $400-$500 bucks. Thanks on the info about Offroad innovations.

Old 04-27-2009, 02:45 PM
pdavis53
All Star

Just wanted to let you know that I called Pungo today and they referred me to a guy down the street that they use. He wants $1050 for install only (I provide the gears) and $1800 for the complete job. ETA wanted $1300 for install only (I provide the gears) and $2356 for everything. Off Road Innovations wants $650 for install (I provide the gears) and $1600 for everything. I can get the gears from Moe's for $600. So I guess I know where I am going to go to get my gears and get them installed. Thanks for the info everyone.

P.S - I will be checking Off Road Innovations references and qualification before I hand over my keys.

Quick Reply: Looking for gear install shop in the Virginia Beach Area