3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hemi Performance

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 07:45 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01DodgeRam360
Good points. I'm hoping the new exhaust system will free up some of the dead spots. I'll be getting rid of that nasty big muffler, the resonator, and the stock y-pipe.
Exhaust isn't going to fix the dead spot. Stupid dead spot, I can't stand it when I fall into it.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:35 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright how do I explain this... Evertyime I have hit a dead spot it usually happens when I am driving normally and then floor it. So in other words Im giving it gas already then giving alot more all at once, which causes the rpms shoot way up and sit there til it down shifts like everyone else has been describing. However, the way I have found to avoid this which works well for me (but is probably not to good for my transmision) is to take my foot completely off the gas pedal for a second or two before hitting the gas again at about 80% throttle. depending on your speed and weight you end up dropping 3-5mph maybe a little more but you make it up and then some much faster than you would just sitting there with your engine reving to hell waiting for it to down shift.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:38 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i have a deadspot too, it ticks me off, a time i want the truck to go,it decides not too

Quick Reply: Hemi Performance