3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wierd Noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 11:54 PM
rbrumm
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wierd Noise

Was driving the truck this weekend and it was pretty windy here in Iowa. I was driving south with the wind out of the south west and depending on the gust or getting out of the draft of a semi as I passed I would get this high pitched noise from the passenger side in the front. Sounded like cb radio interference or like when a mosquito gets in your ear and would fluctuate with the strength of the wind. Seemed like a reed from a musical instrument. Don't know how else to explain it. I shut off all radios and electronics and even opened the windows to equalize pressure but no luck. My brother in-law was searching but couldn't narrow down its exact location. Had to be wind related.

Anyone have anything like this happen to them? Only has done it in the strong wind and that day, the way home was quiet with less wind.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:13 AM
pavester
Professional

might be the shark fin problem us 3rd gen members have.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:04 PM
rbrumm
Veteran

Shark fin?

Old 04-29-2009, 02:35 AM
pavester
Professional

the top of the door doesnt sit completely flush with the roof and creates the wind noise.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:48 PM
Brummo
Captain

Originally Posted by pavester
the top of the door doesnt sit completely flush with the roof and creates the wind noise.
When I heard it I could not localize the sound. It sounded like it was up by the rearview mirror, but didn't get enough time to grasp a real location.

Last edited by Brummo; 04-30-2009 at 11:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Wierd Noise