3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

f'ing carts

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 03:50 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

while I was deployed my wife was driving my truck and probably parked in the middle of a parking lot, even though she knows better and someone hit my truck on the right side of the bed about half way up. Took it to a body shop and they said because it was creased the only thing the could do was bondo. I HATE PEOPLE!!!!

Old 04-28-2009, 05:50 PM
Cheeech
Banned

Don't try and pop it out yourself. Leave it to the Dent Doctor or Paintless Dent removal experts. You WILL stretch the metal and cause flaking of the paint without the right tools. it will take a guy about 20 minutes to get that out properly and will cost only like $80 and that's for them going to your house.

Old 04-28-2009, 05:59 PM
bwhite757
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Parking out in the boon-docks doesn't help, one of my past trucks was T-Boned in a Kmart parking lot by a guy driving through the spots not paying attention, my truck was the only one out there. KNOCK ON WOOD I've used my Dad's philosophy since then when it comes to parking lots and it has worked for my last 3 vehicles. My dad always told me to park in the spot directly beside one of the cart returns. I Know, why on Earth would you do that??? According to Dad, this is the only "Safe" place in a parking lot, because it's close enough to the return that people will actually return all the carts inside your danger zone.

Check it out next time you go to WalMart or wherever. As long as the cart return is not full, there won't be a cart loose within a 6 spot radius. This of course doesn't protect you from idiots that fling their door open, but it does take carts almost out of the picture.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:48 PM
RailroadMan
Rookie

There can be 50 empty spots at Walmart - and there's going to be some tool that has to park beside, behind, or in front of you.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:07 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by RailroadMan
There can be 50 empty spots at Walmart - and there's going to be some tool that has to park beside, behind, or in front of you.
i hate it when that happens. if i park 10 spots away from any car, some idiot is going to come and park right next to me. why would they do such a thing???
and so far, a shopping cart and a door has left a little dent in my door. i do get mad everytime i see it. if i ever find the retards who did that...

Old 04-28-2009, 07:11 PM
MikeHTally
Champion

I'd let it go. Consider it a "war wound". My '03 has a couple, but none are too bad. I, too, park WAY out in the lot, which aggravates the hell outta my girls. None of the dings happened on my watch.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:25 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by bwhite757
Parking out in the boon-docks doesn't help, one of my past trucks was T-Boned in a Kmart parking lot by a guy driving through the spots not paying attention, my truck was the only one out there. KNOCK ON WOOD I've used my Dad's philosophy since then when it comes to parking lots and it has worked for my last 3 vehicles. My dad always told me to park in the spot directly beside one of the cart returns. I Know, why on Earth would you do that??? According to Dad, this is the only "Safe" place in a parking lot, because it's close enough to the return that people will actually return all the carts inside your danger zone.

Check it out next time you go to WalMart or wherever. As long as the cart return is not full, there won't be a cart loose within a 6 spot radius. This of course doesn't protect you from idiots that fling their door open, but it does take carts almost out of the picture.
Never thought of that, I am going to check it out next time I take a trip to Target. That place has a mess of a parking lot.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:36 PM
hemidel
Professional

Hey man, been there, done that. I feel your pain. This past week, i just used a paintless dent removal mobile person and he charged me about $50 bucks each panel to remove dings and dents. Anyways, he did an awesome job. I also had one on one of my doors, but it was the rear door. The only thing i saw disturbing is that he had to drill into the side of the door to put his tool in there, but he plugged it up. I really liked the out come and i could barely tell the dents where there. Hope this helps. OH, i too park way out in egypt at the stores. Im talking like the farthest parking space available.......

Quick Reply: f'ing carts